Thursday, March 29, 2018

Picture of the Week - 3/29/2018

I know I'm biased, but I really have the best kids!  Goodness...  they blow me away!

I've been away from home a lot lately.  And I miss my kids - and they miss me back - which is both heart warming and a bit heart wrenching.  

Zane and Beck found some old cell phones in our junk drawer.  They were determined to get them working.  They bugged Bob - and bugged him and bugged him and bugged him.  Zane was particularly persistent while I was away from home last week.  Bob worked on them for a while, then got distracted with things like cooking and care taking and taxi service, then worked a bit more.  They needed new Apple IDs and the old kind of chargers and had to get cleared out.  None of that is hard, but just takes time.  

So Bob would do a bit and then walk away and Zane would ask if they were done.  Rinse and repeat.  Finally on the day before I was scheduled to come home, Zane asked again if they were ready and Bob said no, but he'd work on them that night.  Zane said, "OK, but I really wanted them so I could Facetime with Mom."  I mean, really!  How sweet is that child!!!

Zane and Beck now have working phones (well "working" when on wifi...) and now have the ability to both text and Facetime with me.  This week while I was at my strategy meetings (only away for 2 nights this week...) I got pretty consistent texts from the boys.  (Aside, I'm sort of also blown away with both Zane's vocabulary and his sense of humor, which is VERY dry.)  I LOVE this!  I mean REALLY love it!  It is so cool to be able to communicate with them while I'm away and to get a glimpse of what's going on with them.  I also get lots of pictures of the dogs.  LOL

This picture is a selfie Zane took and sent to me Monday morning before he left for school.  Gosh my kids are cool!

Here are a couple of really cool pictures of Quinn too from his game last weekend.  He had a great Low to Low shot and the league photographer happened to be in the perfect spot to capture a whole series of pictures of the shot.  Quinn's really growing up in the last 6 months or so.  He's easily taller than me...  has muscle definition and is turning into a young man.  Sigh...  only 2 months of middle school left for him and then onto high school!

I can't wait to get to spend some quality time with Spencer and Quinn and Bob next week.  We are leaving on Saturday night for a trip over to London and Edinburgh.  It will be a cool - and very different kind of - trip!  Mostly I'm just looking forward to hanging out with these cool kids - while my little dudes hang with Berber and Pappy and send me adorable text messages!

Happy Easter everyone!  






No comments:

Post a Comment