Thursday, March 8, 2018

Picture of the Week - 3/8/2018

I love a good Godwink!  Urban dictionary defines godwink as "An occurence so odd and out of the ordinary, it had to be put in place by God. ".  I LOVE that! 

This was a weird week!  I had some customer visits this week in St. Louis and then Boston.  I was traveling with people I don't know very well who happened to be from Scotland.  One woman is brand new to the company and this was the first time I'd met her.  I wasn't nervous about meeting with the clients.  I do that all the time.  But traveling with people you don't mesh with - or don't know if you will mesh with - is stressful.  And I was playing not only my normal role, but also chauffeur and sorta-tour guide.  All of that combined with a relatively difficult travel itinerary and then some questionable weather forecasts.  I was apprehensive for this trip.  

Turns out that all was fine!  My colleagues were awesome and the customer meetings were very productive.  It was actually a pretty fun (although exhausting) trip until we realized that Winter Storm Quinn (no really, that's what it's name was!) was going to hit the Boston area the day we were scheduled to leave.  I decided to take off a day early and got out of the NE before the weather got bad.  I feel very blessed that I was able to rearrange my schedule to make that happen.  It meant I wasn't stuck away from home AND I got an extra day of cuddles from the boys!  Bonus!

Today I worked from home and tried to get things caught up from being away.  I even got to go to lunch with Bob.  Then ICING on the cake...  all our evening practices got cancelled because it's cold.  I figured with temps in the high 30s that the U9 teams might cancel, but was pleasantly surprised with the Senior Select team cancelled too.  Now we have an unexpected evening TOGETHER with no plans.  Godwink for sure!  I'm not even going to think about all the work I have backed up.  I'm going to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and some unexpected downtime.  If I'm lucky, I can even get Ozzie to sit on my lap while I watch some random and likely ridiculous show on TV.  I hear ya God and I'm going to take a breather!  Tomorrow it's GO time!

No comments:

Post a Comment