Thursday, July 2, 2015

Picture of the Week - 7/2/2015

Happy July!

I hope you are all looking forward to a nice holiday weekend!  I am definitely looking forward to the weekend - because we get the big boys back.

They have been at camp since Monday - so really only a couple of evenings, but it's SOOOO weird in the house without them here.  (It's also much easier...  even when left with the more needy 2, 2 is way easier than 4... without a doubt!)  But it's not right.  I miss them slamming around in the kitchen.  I miss them hanging out in the evenings.  I miss Quinn's hugs and even Spencer's attitudes.  I don't really miss the mess...  I have my limits!  Also, it's kind of nice for a half gallon of ice cream to last more than 3 days...

The little boys are especially missing their brothers.  Beck asks every day where Quinn is.  Zane wants to watch them play video games.  Our 6 person kitchen table is feeling too big, but it's pretty funny that the little guys have preserved their brothers' self-assigned seats.  LOL

It will be good to get our family back to whole again on Saturday.  In the meantime, Bob and I are going to take advantage of the missing kiddos with a date night tomorrow.  We're planning on heading down to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see the Bruce Munro light exhibit while Zane and Bucky get a little Berber and Pappy time.  A date night - with an actual destination - seems like a very fitting way to celebrate and relax before I start my new job next week.*



Here's a picture I made the boys recreate from several years ago when Beck was just a baby.  I suppose it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder because I sure do love these crazy boys.  I can't wait to hear about all their adventures this week!

Have a very safe and happy 4th of July weekend!

*If anyone is interested, I'll be working for a company called Craneware.  They provide Revenue Cycle Management software to hospitals.  I will be a Solution Owner managing a suite of software products.  Roughly the same job as I've had for years - but with a more expansive set of products and lots more revenue.  I'm getting pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment