Thursday, March 30, 2017

Picture of the Week - 3/30/2017

Some weeks are harder than others.  Sometimes a week is physically hard because of schedule (travel/games/conflicts).  Some weeks are mentally hard.  This week has been both.

Bob and I have both had "heavy" work weeks.  We have also had 2 sick kids - one VERY sick...  And to top all that off, we have to do some tough parenting.  The tough love kind that you know you have to do, but don't WANT to do at all.  And it all sucks.

We all want our kids to be happy, right?  And certainly making decisions that align with what they WANT to do is easier than fighting the current.  

But at the end of the day, our JOB is not to make them HAPPY.  It's to raise them into GOOD PEOPLE.  Our job, as parents, is not to always say yes.  Not to always take the easy path.  Sometimes we have to look at a situation, from all the angles, and make the unpopular decision.  This is not done out of spite, but out of an obligation to do the RIGHT thing.  It hurts and is unpleasant all around.  

All we can do is pray that someday these boys will look back (as I have done, to be honest) and think "wow...  that sucked, but I get it and I appreciate that my parents loved me enough to push me to be the possible version of myself".

So...  yeah...  where's the wine?

Oh - and I almost forgot...  Beckett had to have one of his front teeth pulled out because it was infected.  We've been messing with this tooth (and his neighbor) for years.  He got cavities between his front teeth (parents of the year...) and we had them capped a while back.  And then one of them got infected - and now it's gone.  So...  here's his new "look" for the next couple of years.  I think at some point this would have probably bothered me, but with Beck - I just think it's cute.  And it's a baby tooth.  And in the grand scheme of things (see above) a pulled tooth is NOTHING.  


No comments:

Post a Comment