Thursday, March 16, 2017

Picture of the Week - 3/16/2017

Have you ever stopped to think about your adult personality when it comes to making big decisions.  If you are married, is your couple personality different?

Bob and I, as I'll probably talk about many times in the next few months, are getting ready to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  That's given us lots of opportunities to figure out how we handle big decisions.  And small ones too.  And I think we're, actually, pretty bad at most of them.  :)  We tend to be of the "minimal research, get antsy and DO IT" mentality when it comes to things like making big purchases.  We have specifically tried to "slow our roll" and take more of a wait and see tactic.  We fail just about every time.  

This week is a pretty perfect example...  we have a leased minivan despite not being LEASE people.  Nothing wrong with lease people, but we aren't them...  the circumstances of the minivan are long and boring...  but the lease is up in mid-May so we needed to make a decision about what to do.  We had 3 cars, but the minivan was the only one that fit our whole family.  (6 people is kind of a haul and several of them won't stop growing.)  We could have turned in the van and kept my little car and the old pickup truck, but that meant any time we wanted to go anywhere as a family we'd have to take 2 cars.  (I actually know people who purposely always drive 2 cars just in case something catastrophic happens...  we aren't those people either.)  We considered this option for a while as it would be the most economical, obviously.  But then we got the new car itch.  And we started looking around with the idea of being SLOW and DELIBERATE and making a few dealerships aware that we were interested so they could throw many good deals at us.  Then we went to Carmax this week and drove away with a new (to us) Yukon XL Denali.  

We are very bad at this kind of thing...  but it IS a beautiful vehicle that I expect we will have for a very long time.  Also, it fits all our family and a bunch of lacrosse stuff.  :)

Here's a picture of Bob's new baby and also a fun picture of Zane from last weekend.  He's developed this ADORABLE thing where his cheeks get bright red when he's cold.  I don't remember him doing this until recently and it's SO SO SO cute.  This is from Saturday just after his first U7 lacrosse game, which is why he's all sweaty despite it being way too cold for March in ATL.  




Have a great week everyone!  I'm heading over to Edinburgh tomorrow and will be back late on Thursday.  The flight I'm on for my return doesn't have wifi (the horror...) so it's very likely that next week's POTW will either be early or late, but I'll get one out.  Due to oddly high prices for plane tickets, we are traveling on Friday night, which kinda stinks a bunch!  I hate that I'm missing a whole weekend - and 5 lacrosse games - but work is work and I have a giant SUV to pay for now.  :)  Since we will have a whole extra weekend day this trip, I may actually get to do a little sightseeing with my colleague this trip.  We're trying to decide what we can do on Sunday.  We very rarely get to do anything I'd consider "fun" while there, so I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing a bit of Scotland.  

No comments:

Post a Comment