Thursday, September 29, 2022

Picture of the Week - 9/29/2022

 This week has been all about celebrating birthdays and monitoring a hurricane!  (Oh and maybe being jealous of all the folks we know on fall break vacays this week...)


Spencer turned 20 on Tuesday and today is Zane's 13th birthday.  Fun!  

As I was putting together Zane's birthday collage it struck me how much he's changed over the last 12 months.  He's like a totally different kid than he was this time last year.  He's tall and lean and has the best hair in the house.  He kinda grew up in a hurry...  

Hurricane Ian has had my attention for the last few days because it's path for a long time was splitting the difference between Spencer and Quinn.  We have had about 6 different plans of who is staying where and who is leaving and how that would happen.  If you remember, I was supposed to go to Statesboro tomorrow, but Ian squashed that visit too.  

At the moment, in person classes for both boys have been canceled and they are both sheltering in place as neither school has evacuated.  As time goes on, Statesboro looks like it's going to be mostly spared.  They will get wind and rain, but should be totally fine.  Charleston, on the other hand, is currently in the bullseye of the second landfall.  I'm willing the storm to continue the trend of moving a bit farther east.  It would be MUCH better for Charleston if they are on the west side of the landfall.  So everyone cross your fingers!  I'm not so much worried about Spencer's safety - I mean he's on a campus full of some VERY capable people - but it will bother me a LOT if they lose power and I can't check in on him.  He's, how should I say this..., REALLY bad at charging his cell phone!

Tonight we are taking Zane out to dinner and making him wear the funny hat while strangers sing happy birthday to him.  Always fun!  This weekend we are mostly just hanging out on Saturday and then on Sunday Zane gets to use his birthday gift, which is tickets to see the Falcons play the Browns while I head to the airport for a quick trip to Minneapolis.  

Have a great last couple of days of September!  



No comments:

Post a Comment