Thursday, September 15, 2022

Picture of the Week - 9/15/2022

 I am not a selfie kinda gal.  I am not good at it.  I've never really tried to get good at it.  It's just not my thing.  


(This is not me passing ANY kind of judgment on those who are skilled at selfies.  In fact, just the opposite, I'm a little jealous that all of you selfie-takers will actually have pictures of yourself for people to remember you someday...)

However, having 2 kids in college and one active social media guy in middle school has forced me into the world of Snapchat.  (I mean, if you want to talk to them, you have to go where they are!  I can send a text and a snapchat at the same time and the snap gets opened immediately while the text is fermented and rotten by the time they notice it's out there.  SO WEIRD!)

So snapchat...  I'm ALSO not good at snapchat and mess things up all the time.  One of the things that even I can't mess up, however, are the amazingly ridiculous lenses.  They crack me up.  I have sent pictures of myself wearing a WIDE variety of costumes and random accessories.  I can sit down in the morning, pick my flavor of ridiculous and start a conversation with the boys even before I've dried my hair.  And they don't even know it cause I'm wearing a digital cowboy hat.  Brilliant!

I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for someone/something this week - I don't remember...  there are a lot of drop offs and pick ups...  and I figured I'd snap the boys.  When I went to take the picture there were all these lines all over the place.  I thought it was super cool...  so weird lens even!  Although I'm sure I could have found something to paint me as a wild animal behind bars - or maybe as a criminal...  I'll have to look!

Normal week around here.  Games and practices - although we've had to skip a couple of weeks of wrestling because of another case of ringworm that's being stubborn...  This weekend we only have 1 game - and a party.  Woot!  Then I have to make about 200 mozzarella cheese sticks for Monday night.  Still contemplating the best way to do that and transport them while staying somewhat warm.  Any ideas?

PS - Spencer's 20th birthday is just around the corner.  If you want to drop him a card, I'm sure he would love it!  Spencer Bovenizer 374 # The Citadel, 171 Moultrie St, Charleston, SC 29409




No comments:

Post a Comment