Thursday, September 22, 2022

Picture of the Week - 9/22/2022

 Happy first day of fall!


I love this time of year.  It's that first chilly evening sitting at a football game/practice that gets me!  And sitting in our bedroom sitting area and watching the first leaves fall off the trees.  Love it!

This week is also the last week of BUSY before fall break.  We had a trip planned for fall break at one point.  We were going to tackle Disney and Orlando and I had a whole itinerary laid out.  It was going to be fun and glorious and exhausting.  We canceled.  Many reasons, but it basically boiled down to 1) work and 2) protecting the "recovery time" this week brings every year.  It's nice to know we don't have a bunch of activities/games/stuff and can have dinner together as a family for a couple of days.

I am taking Friday off and heading down to see Quinn.  No real reason - just want to put my eyeballs on him in person and give him a hug.  It's a good excuse for a day off work too.  

I may swing up past Charleston on the way home if Spencer is going to play in the rugby matches that day.  Undetermined at the moment as he got a bit hurt at practice yesterday and may need some time off.  Oh yeah - Did I mention Spencer is playing rugby?  LOL  He's having a lot of fun (or was until he got hurt) and the team has really embraced him.  I love that he's found something to do with people he likes and I'm really proud of him for stepping out of his comfort zone and trying something new.  He even got highlighted on the team's schedule flyer.  I guess if nothing else, he looks the part!

More on all of that next week...  for now - gotta get through one more weekday and one more 5th grade football game (someone remind me it's our turn to take snacks...) before some downtime.  





No comments:

Post a Comment