Thursday, April 30, 2020

Picture of the Week - 4/30/2020

Day 49

I really wish I had something fun and exciting to share.  I've got nothing...

We are all still healthy and hanging in there.  Some days (hours) are better than others.  Georgia continues to lead most the rest of the country in opening things back up and trying to get back to normal.  We are all still just waiting a bit to see how it goes. 

I saw a picture/meme on Facebook this morning - and warn you that I will probably share this to my own FB feed in the very near future, so be prepared for the repeat.  It got me thinking, so I thought I'd ask the question to you.

What have you learned during this time that you want your future self to remember?  (NOTE - this is not a rhetorical question, I'd really like to know the answer.)

For me it is the following, in no particular order

1. My boys are all pretty interesting people.  They are also incredibly diverse.  I don't think I'd know their personalities nearly as much without watching them progress through the last 7 weeks.  Their individual approaches have been fascinating to me.

2. Having control is probably over-rated, which is a really big lesson for me that I, honestly, have to re-learn pretty regularly.  Life is mysterious and control is an illusion.  Sometimes the best thing to do is to just let go, go on, and trust.

3. Speaking of trust, I have grown my faith/religion/beliefs 100 fold over the last 6 months.  To be fair, this really starts probably around this time last year, but the job loss and now this Covid situation has accelerated everything.  I feel closer to God than I ever have before and have found incredible peace.

4. Being busy is not the same as being happy.

Your turn - what have you learned during this time that you want your future self to remember?  Just for fun, here's a picture of Brutus that I took while on a walk (during one of the no so good hours if I'm being honest). Brutus is living his best life and if/when we all start to leave the house again that dog may need therapy.


No comments:

Post a Comment