Thursday, May 26, 2016

Picture of the Week - 5/26/2016

Tomorrow is the last day of school!  Wow!  

I've been listening to a book on CD by Gretchen Rubin.  (This is my non-fiction week for audio books...)  She's got a quote that so perfectly sums up the stage of life we are in right now.  "The days are long, but the years are short."  Perfect description of how I feel. 

How is it possible that we are done with another year of school?  Next year I will have 8th, 7th, 1st and Pre-K kids.  Wow. 

How is it possible that Bob and I just celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary.  I still feel barely older than the kids my CHILDREN are friends with.  Wow.

This week we found out who Spence will be playing football with this year and kicked off the season.  It will be August and game time before we know it.  And then it will be over in a blink of an eye.  Aside...  friends and family who might be interested in watching Spencer play, THIS is the season to make it happen.  He's already been told that it's likely he will be playing both ways.  The team is small and fast this year and Spence, along with a few others, will be playing ironman football because they need the size/strength.  As one of the coaches said, "It'll be just like 3rd grade again!"  So come watch him.  His games are on Tuesday nights from August - September.  You are all invited!

There seems to be a trend on Facebook this year to take "last day of school" pictures.  I hate the obligation to take FIRST day pictures...  adding another thing that feels like a chore just doesn't work for me.  HOWEVER, I did see a cool idea the other day that I am *totally* doing.  I'm going to get a giant (like men's large) t-shirt made with "Class of 2028" and another with "Class of 2030".  Then every year, starting in Kindergarten, so I'm already late for Zane, I will take a picture of the little boys in their shirts.  Then I will have a lovely collection to share at their graduation parties.  Which will be here WELL before I am ready.  Wow.

The days are long, but the years are short.

These aren't last day of school pictures - because my big boys are so angry with me for making them go tomorrow there is NO WAY I'd get a good picture...  But here are some recent pictures of all by favorite boys.  The littles taking a bath together.  They are such good buddies.  Quinn hanging out (mostly because I made him let me take a picture).  And Spencer all dressed up for the Middle School Honors Night.  (I totally learned how to tie a bowtie this week!  Learn something new every week...)  I really couldn't be more proud of this little tribe. 

This weekend we have some fun Memorial Day stuff planned and will spend at least some time prepping for a VACATION the week after next.  I am sooo ready for some beach time.  Can't wait!

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment