Thursday, April 9, 2015

Picture of the Week - 4/9/2015

Greetings from what has to be the most yellow city in the country this week!  The pollen has struck with a vengeance!  In the mornings, when I get to work, you can actually see tire tracks in it.  Not. Even. Kidding.  Bleck!

This past weekend was a really good example of one of those black/white, work hard/play hard kind of weekends.  We celebrated Easter with my mom and dad, my sister and Bart, Ella and Cooper on Saturday.  It was such a fun day!  The weather was great and the egg hunt was a success - even if Pappy did almost hide Spencer's eggs TOO well.  The food was good, the bunny-shaped cake was hideously decorated by the kids, and the dog did not table surf.  All wins!

After the egg hunt and lunch, we took the kids to Medieval Times.  Spencer and Quinn have been there several times.  Zane went once, but he was too little to remember any of it.  It was a new experience for Beck, Cooper and Ella.  We were the Red and Yellow knight.  (For anyone going, do what you can to be the Black and White knight...  he always wins!)  Our guy came in second, which meant we got to cheer him on for a long time.  And he was a fun guy to cheer for!  As Spencer said, "He was either extraordinarily charismatic - or drunk."


The kids all seemed to have a blast and also did really well with dinner - which you are forced to eat without utensils.  They ate so well, in fact, that if I ever have an eating strike, I'm simply going to put away all the silverware and hand everyone a napkin.

Saturday was a good day.  A really good day.

Sunday was the flip side.  The yang to the previous day's ying.

Of course we celebrated Easter morning and got baskets and candy and new movies and new fuzzy stuffed friends.  That part was super fun!  The part that wasn't so great was that I figured since this was about the only weekend in a 4 month span that we didn't have lacrosse stuff to interrupt our time, we should be productive.  (What I really wanted to do was sit and binge watch the 6 Fast and Furious movies Spencer got in his basket.)  Boo for housework!  Who's with me?

I kindly (maybe more kind in my head than in reality) suggested that Bob work on the garage while I tackled my all time favorite household chore - the bi-weekly closet clean out and pack up of clothes that no longer fit.  I hate that chore almost as much as time change.  And that's a LOT!  I managed to get the LBs all squared away and in the process packed up 2 boxes of clothes to give away, 1 garbage bag full for charity, and a garbage bag full of clothes that had seen way better days.  I can tell you from experience that the life span for size 3T boy clothes is 3 and a half boys.  These last few months Beckett has looked really rough!!!

At the end of the day, it was good to get some stuff accomplished and all in all it was a great weekend.  I hope you all had just as much fun - and managed to avoid working as much as we did!

Now - who wants to come down in about a week to clean all this craptastic yellow dust off everything for us???

Pappy had Beck on his head for part of the time while we were waiting for our seats so he could see all the stuff that was going on.  I didn't think there was a way for Beck to be any cuter, but he somehow managed to find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment