Thursday, January 1, 2015

Picture of the Week - 1/1/2015

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve.  We didn't make it to midnight - and I refuse to feel bad about that!  In fact, when the little boys came into our room at 6ish this morning, going to bed on our normal schedule seemed like a pretty darn good idea!  :)

Today is a football kind of day for us.  We are currently bouncing between 3 different games and anxiously anticipating the Ohio State game tonight.  Fun!

Funny story about this picture - and specifically this tree.  The tree in the background of this picture is from my office.  It's the same way the trees at the office were decorated last year.  They are all decked out in red and silver and remind me of the Buckeyes.  Last year I wanted to take everyone down to get our picture taken in front of it, but we could never make that happen.  It disappointed me for a long time.  This year I vowed that if they used the same color scheme I would make sure we got pictures.

So one evening a few weeks ago we packed everyone up, grabbed a tripod and set out to make this happen.  The boys were remarkably cooperative.  We got the shots and headed out to dinner.  It was a great night.  It wasn't until I got back home that I realized that we covered up the entire tree and you can't really even tell it's decorated in scarlet and silver.  LOL  We could have been in front of ANY tree.  Oh well...  I still love the picture.


So are you making a resolution this year?  I've thought about it and could easily state any of the typical goals - lose weight, get in better shape, spend less, be present for the boys, etc. etc. etc.  They all apply...  but I hate stuff like that.  Yes, I want to get back into working out.  Yes, I want to reduce debt.  Yes, I want to put the phone down and play with the boys in real life more.  But I still think it's kind of silly to wait for a certain date on the calendar to reach for a better version of me.  I will do all those things - or at least try - but I don't think of them so much as resolutions as much as just the right things to do.

Anyway, I did decide on a "resolution" this year.  It is to celebrate more.  I'm not talking about big holidays or birthdays.  I want to celebrate little things.  Maybe a good test score or scoring a goal in a game.  Maybe making a team or graduating from Kindergarten.  Maybe we should celebrate when the little boys clean their toy room or the big boys do something special to help each other.  I want to celebrate the small things because there is SO much to be thankful for.  We are so blessed.  I want the boys to recognize that I feel like they are worth celebrating - all the time.

I won't be baking cakes every week or buying presents, but I want to make a little bigger deal out of the special things that happen.  I saw an idea a while ago where there was a special plate that was used to celebrate these little occasions.  The special plate was brought out and one person got to use it whenever the situation warranted.  I want a special plate.  Anyone know where I can get one?  Nothing too fancy - must be dishwasher proof.

Who's with me?  Anyone else want to vow to celebrate the little things in life?  There are SO many!

Have a great New Year's Day - and many wishes for a healthy and happy 2015!

And Go Bucks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment