Thursday, July 10, 2014

Picture of the Week - 7/10/2014

Goodbye lazy days of Summer.  I very much enjoyed you while you lasted!  You will be missed!!
 
Might seem a little crazy to be saying so long to summer, but our carefree (and schedule free) evenings have passed yet again.  Football practices have started.  Evening lacrosse camps and a trip for Bob and the big boys to Ohio are up next on our calendar.  The boys only have 3 and a half more weeks before school starts - and those weeks are pretty jam packed.
 
I am so grateful that our summer days have been SO MUCH FUN!  I mean like seriously FUN!
 
I think that we have turned a bit of a corner.  No more wee babies in the house.  And while I miss the wee babies - and probably will ALWAYS miss having a wee baby in the house - it's pretty freeing to know that we can skip the occasional naptime if we want.  It's liberating to be able to leave the house without a diaper bag (still a little risky, but risky can be fun, right!)  It's very very nice to sit on a blanket on the side of a creek where I can see all 4 of my dudes playing and know that they are OK and don't need me right by their side.  I love my babies, but my BOYS are totally awesome!
 
Clearly Beckett has undergone the biggest changes between last year and this one.  He's kind of skipped over the toddler phase and is just one of the guys.  He's fearless and funny.  He is actually more adventurous than Zane.  (Someday this will probably worry me a lot...)  My little guys have always loved being outside more than inside and now that Beck can put on his own shoes he often heads out the backdoor unattended.  Thankfully he is still too short to reach the fence latch or I'm sure we'd have to expand our perimeter to find him.
 
Last weekend was a special treat.  First of all it was a long weekend - and when you are working and trying to squeeze in fun several times a week, an extra day off is a blessing!  Then there was the weather.  Man-o-man was the weather perfect.  It wasn't a typical Atlanta summer weekend at ALL.  There was virtually NO humidity and the temps were nearly 10 degrees below normal.  The sun was out and so were we!  We had a blast!
 
Here are a couple of pictures of Beckett on our water slide.  It took him a few minutes to get warmed up to the idea - and Quinn was SO AWESOME helping him up and down the first time - but once he got going it was GAME ON!
 
I hope you are all enjoying summertime!  We will be busy trying to cram in a few more trips to the pool around all the stuff on our July calendar.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment