Thursday, May 30, 2013

Picture of the Week - 5/30/2013

I'm overwhelmed by cuteness! 
 
This week I have found myself grabbing my camera all the time.  I want to capture these early puppy days with the boys.  I know they will pass quickly and, like newborn babies, it's hard to remember how small and how cute puppies really are! 
 
We've had Ozzie for about a week now.  (Yes, we decided to stick with the name the breeder gave our puppy.  Ozzie just seemed to fit him!)  He's settling into our family nicely, but I'd be lying if I said it's been easy!  I forgot how much work puppies are!  It's good we didn't try to do this during lacrosse season.  I'm not sure I would have survived!
 
The first few days home, Oz hung out and just took it all in.  He was trying to figure out where he liked to lay and who he should run to when he got scared.  The boys were enthralled and poured attention on him.  It was a very nice puppy honeymoon.
 
Then we took Quinn (half of the BBH - aka Big Boy Help) to camp and Ozzie simultaneously decided he was pretty comfortable with us.  It's like someone turned his switch to ON.  Now he's racing around all over the place.  He gets going so fast that his back end gets in front of his front end and he does the equivalent of a spinout.  Puppy funnies!  He has also decided that chewing is a good thing.  Chewing ANYTHING is a very good thing.  Chewing fingers and toes is the very best thing.  I can't wait until the chewing stops. 
 
We are having a blast with him.  Spencer has taken more walks since we brought Oz home than in all the rest of the time we've lived here.  Zane is a little skittish of the sharp pointy parts of the new puppy.  (He's also been feeling under the weather...  so hopefully when he feels a little better he will relax more around Ozzie.)  Beckett...  sweet Beck.  I am so so so so looking forward to watching Beck and this puppy grow up together.  Beck is so interested in him and wants to hold him and pet him and love on him.  It's good that Beckett has a high tolerance for pain, because he's been used as a chew toy more than I'd like to admit.  And he keeps going back for more.  When he wakes up in the morning the first thing he asks for is milk...  followed closely with "Oddie  Oddie  Oddie!"
 
Having a puppy is fun!  It's forced us outside and away from the TV.  We have WAY less down time right now and way more "on the lookout for a puppy showing signs that he's about to pee" time.  We also have more family time - which is, honestly, an unexpected surprise.  I'm fairly certain that without Oz I wouldn't have taken a walk with Spencer last night and I'm nearly positive our evening would not have ended with me, Bob and Spence eating popsicles while sitting in the front yard.  Forced exercise, overload of cute, AND more family time...  I think getting a puppy may have been the best decision we've ever made!
 
In other news...  I REALLY miss Quinn.  We go pick him up from camp tomorrow and I really can't wait.  Our house has felt incomplete without him.  I know he's having a blast and I can't wait to hear all about his week.  I really just want to wrap my arms around him and give him a big squeeze! 
 
We're leaving for our beach vacation early on Saturday - with Ozzie.  We are going somewhere new this year - St. George Island.  I'm anxious to try a new place.  I'm really anxious to hang out for a week with my boys and my parents and just enjoy each other.  And I will be sure to grab my camera and get some pictures of all the cuteness while we are there!
 
Have a great week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment