Thursday, August 5, 2021

Picture of the Week - 8/5/2021

 Today is Back to School Day!!  


It's a big one for us!  Beck is starting 4th grade and is solo for the first time ever at Whitlow.  I hope this is an amazing year for him!  His teach has a pet bearded dragon in the classroom, so they have already bonded over reptiles.  LOL  Fun fact - this is our 14th straight year with at least one kid at Whitlow...

Zane is starting middle school at Vickery Creek this year.  It was pretty weird to be back in that building for open house.  I haven't been in there in a long time.  He seems appropriately anxious, but I know he's going to love some extra freedom and meeting a bunch of new friends.  And he has the locker-thing down pat already, so #winning.

Quinn is a senior at West this year and mostly self-managing already.  He's such an easy kid!!!  I can't wait to celebrate all the senior things with him.  It is going to be so much fun!

Spencer doesn't officially matriculate until next Saturday - and his classes don't start until August 23rd, but I made him get in the picture too.  I actually bent the "rules" a little and took this picture last night so I didn't have to get the big guys out of bed early this morning.  Isn't motherhood mostly just a series of "figure out how to make it happen" moments anyway?

Spence got home Tuesday evening and has spent most of his time with his buddies.  I don't blame him.  They are more fun than we are. :)  Tomorrow Bob and Quinn head to Pigeon Forge for a wrestling tournament and we have football practices and such to do through the weekend.  I'm also starting in my "official" 3 year old room as a volunteer at church on Sunday.  Quinn and I started volunteering together at the start of the summer and have been serving as floaters, but now we are officially assigned to a room.  I'm excited to start getting to know a group of wee kiddos.  3-year-olds are super fun when you know you give them back in 90 minutes.  :)

Crazy week - as always - around here, but I am feeling so blessed and happy that the boys are all off doing their thing and we are here to watch them!



No comments:

Post a Comment