Thursday, August 12, 2021

Picture of the Week - 8/12/2021

 Quick email as Spencer is waiting on me to get packed up and head out.  Oy...


We are leaving (as soon as I'm done here) to head down to Charleston.  We have a wrestling meeting tomorrow and then will get to have a nice dinner on Friday before tackling matriculation EARLY on Saturday.  It's here...  he's ready!

I never shared Zane's big adventure last week because back to school overshadowed everything last week.  As part of his Christmas present last year, he got an "experience gift" to go to the Sloth Experience up at the North Georgia Zoo.  We finally got that scheduled and he had a blast.  He got to feed and pet the sloths there - and also go to hang out with the rest of the animals including some brand new baby pigs.  I love that he enjoys stuff like that!!  

Quinn, Zane and Beck all seem to be settling into the new school year pretty well.  The schedules are still kind of all over the place and don't feel "normal" yet, but we are getting there!  The first day of school it took Zane 2 full hours on the bus to get home.  Yesterday it only took him about 75 minutes.  Still crazy, but we are dealing with a bus driver shortage and they really are doing the best they can.

The football season starts in earnest this weekend for ZnB too!  They have the annual jamboree happening - basically referee training scrimmages - and then the following weekend we start real games.  Both boys are really enjoying their teams this year and I think it's going to be a great season!

More next week - and I'll share if we get any pictures of drop off this weekend.  I've heard it's much faster and more formal than the drop off we had back in June, so I will be sure to get my goodbyes taken care of before we get in the car to head to campus Saturday morning.  I can't believe the time is here...




No comments:

Post a Comment