Thursday, April 29, 2021

Picture of the Week - 4/29/2021

 We snuck away!


Bob and I have left the boys home ALONE!!  We have, of course, left them home alone before, but never overnight - much less for a few days.  It's terrifying - and exhilarating!

When our springtime cruise was cancelled this year, we didn't really think much of it...  until we realized that we really missed having some one-on-one time to focus on each other.  We aren't (and never have been) trying to "fix" anything, but any relationship needs tending to regularly.  A marriage is no different.  

I don't think I really agree with people who say it's "work" to cultivate a happy marriage because it doesn't (98% of the time) FEEL like work.  But I do agree that putting a priority on staying connected, finding activities that we both enjoy, and just spending time together is a pretty key component to a good relationship!  So this weekend - is all about US!  And I've been looking forward to this for months now!

Here's the view from our back porch.  The place we rented is so nice!  It's a little studio apartment rental with an amazing back deck - complete with rocking chairs overlooking Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee Ga.  Hiawassee is a wee little town just across the North Carolina border in northwest Georgia.  

We are here until Sunday.  We brought games and books and sewing and snacks.  There's a hummingbird feeder with frequent guests.  I could live here!  It's so peaceful and quiet.

Meanwhile...  at home...

Quinn has Zane and Beckett duty tonight.  Tomorrow is PROM!  I am actually really sad that we are missing prom, but when we scheduled this trip, prom was scheduled for next weekend and when they started increasing the number of people who could attend, they had to move to a different date so everyone could participate.  We have tuxes and ordered flowers and the boys have plans.  I've pleaded with them to get pictures - so everyone cross your fingers!

While the big guys are at prom, the younger ones (not allowed to call them little anymore...  as Zane is almost as tall as me now) are gonna hang with my parents.  

And throughout, Ozzie and Willow will pace the house worried sick that we are never coming home.

I am so appreciative that we are able to have a weekend like this.  I'm so thankful that I have Bob to share this with!  It's going to be an amazing weekend!

PS - Today was Spencer's last day of high school.  Oh in the world...  literally...  I just can't even wrap my head around that... (he has some AP tests and a couple of finals before he's done-done, but no more high school classes for the eldest Bovy boy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment