Thursday, April 15, 2021

Picture of the Week - 4/15/2021

 This year...  disappeared... poof and it's nearly gone.  Seriously, how in the world did that happen...


Senior year activities and planning have me all in the feels right now.  I'm busy writing letters to Spencer and his friends, planning graduation stuff, following-up on plans for what comes next, and SO MUCH reminiscing.  

I'm not sad.  Good grief, how could I be.  I am so proud I could nearly pop.  Bob and I have successfully raised this wee baby we had no idea what to do with and he is now about to close out his adolescence and move onto the rest of his life.  It's weird.  And it's SO FULFILLING.  Spencer is going to be amazing - and I am going to love him ever step of the way.

Today is April 15th.  Spencer's last real day of school is May 13th.  For those following along, that means we are down to weeks...  Graduation is on May 23rd - IN PERSON - and we have a little party planned on Saturday the 22nd.  If you happen to be in town and would like to stop by, please let me know and I'll forward along information.  

This picture is Spencer and his friend Brody.  Brody is heading to Mississippi State.  I will miss the comfort of knowing those 2 boys have each other to lean on every day and hope that they maintain their relationship after high school.  They sure have been through a lot together!  I am so so so tickled (probably the only one who really is) that both Spencer and Brody are going to be Bulldogs in college - and despite growing up in Georgia, neither of them are THOSE Bulldogs.  I think it's cool.  

This weekend is a bit of a breather and then we are off to the races.  The boys are all prepping for a wrestling tournament in Myrtle Beach in mid-May.  Yes - all FOUR of my boys will be competing in the same tournament for the first - and maybe only - time ever.  I think that is SO SO cool and be prepared for pictures of them together and likely decked out in tournament t-shirts.  I bet there aren't many people on the planet who can say they have 4 boys competing together - in anything.  Blessed...  and proud!

Have a great week everyone!  



No comments:

Post a Comment