Thursday, November 12, 2020

Picture of the Week - 11/12/2020

I've been making an intentional effort to disconnect more from social media over the last week or so.  Many reasons...  but this month of November and the focus (which should be) on gratitude and thankfulness has me examining what fills my cup and what empties it.  I'm not making any "no more Facebook" statements or anything like that, but I am going to be more intentional.  What do you do to "fill your cup"?


This picture is the view I had while I was waiting for Bob yesterday.  He had some outpatient sinus surgery and I (thanks Covid) had to sit outside to wait for him.  I wasn't bothered...  put on an audio book, talked to my mom, did some work, and got to stare at this beautiful tree for a few hours.  I can't imagine another scenario that would have allowed me to sit quietly and watch nature for hours, so I'm pretty thankful for that "banishment" to my car yesterday.  As an introvert, I really like alone time.  Maybe I need to find more time to just sit outside - or inside staring out the window.  

Some updates on the college process...
- Spencer has an appointment on Monday for an interview as part of the nomination application process with Rob Woodall, our former congressman
- We are working on paperwork and medical examinations for the Army ROTC and Navy Marine ROTC scholarships.  And Spencer needs to call and schedule an interview for the AROTC which I'm hoping he can do while they are off for Thanksgiving break.
- We are still waiting for some kind of official word from Coast Guard Academy.  We are guaranteed to hear something before Christmas, but hoping for something sooner as his application went under review a few weeks ago.  

All is well with everyone else.  Beckett's football season ended on Saturday, so now all 4 have transitioned into wrestling and we're just crossing all our fingers that they get to have a season.  Covid trends have me very nervous...

Also thought I'd share this picture of all 5 of my boys from last weekend.  I love this picture SO much!

Take care everyone - and do something to fill up your cup this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment