Thursday, November 29, 2018

Picture of the Week - 11/29/2018

Greetings and happy last Thursday of November!

Today is an MBA exam day for me.  That is much like a normal work day - with the added "fun" of having to drive to the Georgia State campus to take an exam I don't feel ready for on a pretty nebulous topic.  Good times for sure!  Bright side - it's not raining and I don't have to drive in rush hour!  Also after today I will have one more module/class DONE!  Onto the Entrepreneurial Management and Leadership assignment and prep for the Analytical Decision Making module coming up in January.

In other - more interesting and fun - news!

  • We bought new furniture for our living room!  Yay!  This is probably only fun for me (and Bob is good about pretending), but I'm excited!  
  • Spencer and Quinn are knee deep in wrestling season.  They had a dual last night (Quinn lost, Spencer got a forfeit win).  They have an individual tournament this weekend - double elimination which starts on Friday and goes into Saturday if they can get a win the first night.  The wrestling schedule for the next month is BANANAS!  Next weekend they go to Orlando, then they have a very rare weekend off (to recover?) before going to Pigeon Forge the weekend before Christmas and then Louisiana the weekend after Christmas.  Wrestlers get no holiday break...  they just eat vegetables and workout.
  • Zane and Beckett are also gearing up for some wrestling fun!  They are doing their first tournament this Saturday.  (Note that if the big guys do well in their tournament that necessarily means that either Bob or I will have to miss the first tournament for the little guys.  Ahhh...  divide and conquer...)  They are excited.  I'm excited for them!  I hope they love it as much as their brothers.
  • Next week I am headed to Philadelphia and am SOOOOOO happy that the weather looks like it's going to be in the high 40s/low 50s and not snowy.  An overnight to Philly for work is bad enough without having to worry about weather-related travel issues!  Then I have to put away the overnight bag and pull out the big suitcase for my last trip to Scotland for the year.  This one will have me gone for a week and will, essentially, be the last of the heavy-lifting for my (paid) job this year.  I have lots of PTO time and I'm taking most of the rest of the year off!  I.  Can.  Make.  It!

Have a great week everyone - stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment