Thursday, December 1, 2016

Picture of the Week - 12/1/2016

Happy December!

Anyone else having a hard time wrapping your head around the fact that it's December and Christmas is just a few weeks away???  

I'm kind of having a bit of a hard time getting into the spirit this year.  Not sure why.  I'm hoping it's just because I've been busy (and not feeling particularly well) and as soon as I get some things knocked off my "to do" list, I'll be able to relax and enjoy.  For now though, I feel a little bit in denial that it's holiday time.  Maybe I should bake some cookies...

Thank goodness for the little guys.  They are in the spirit of the season and while I feel a little bit like I'm going through the motions for them without really getting into it - without them, we'd probably not have a tree up and wouldn't have our family of deer out front and we definitely wouldn't have these cool new Star Wars themed Advent Calendars.  They were SO excited this morning.  I seriously love watching them when they are excited and happy.  What a blessing.  :)





Some news kinds of things...  
- Quinn and Spencer are in the middle of evaluations for Select lacrosse teams this spring.  Spence is trying out for the Senior Select team and Quinn the Junior Select.  Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.  We should know about Quinn early next week and Spence (for sure) by the end of next week.  I say "for sure" because Spencer's not able to participate in evaluations due to his shoulder, but the coaches know what he's capable of and we're nearly certain he's got a spot on that team.  
- Spencer is currently unable to participate because he's in physical therapy for a shoulder injury he sustained back in October during the football championship game.  We didn't think it was significant, but it wouldn't get away.  Turns out it was worse than we thought.  He's got at least 2 more weeks of PT before he can start doing anything.  No wrestling.  No lacrosse.  No weight lifting.  He's bummer - and bored.  We're hoping if we can keep him "good" through December, he can hit the ground running in January.  Believe it or not, weight training for football starts in January - and that's his current goal.
- Everyone say Happy Birthday to Berber!  She gets to celebrate this coming Monday!  :)

Have a great first week of December!  I'm off to light a Christmas Tree scented candle, eat a candy cane, and blare some holiday music.  I'm determined to get into the season before it's too late!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment