Thursday, October 13, 2016

Picture of the Week - 10/13/2016

Hi all!

I apologize that all the pictures I'm sharing today are repeats from Tuesday night on Facebook.  I don't like to repeat stuff here that you may have already seen on my FB feed, but I'm in the middle of a "get through it" couple of weeks.  I am leaving for a sales trip to eastern PA in about an hour.  I'll get home late tomorrow night and then weekend full of sports and fun before heading back out to TX early Monday morning.  

I will be back home again in time for the middle school county football CHAMPIONSHIP game.  If you haven't already heard, Spencer's Viper team (who am I kidding, they are my team too as I've spent more time with that team than Zane over the last 3 months) is heading for the championship game after destroying their opponent Tuesday night.  

Take a look at this article from our local newspaper.  Football: Vickery Creek Middle dominates South Forsyth to reach championship




That article game me legitimate goosebumps.  There are really so many awesome things about this team.  I love them.  Truly.

So the last 2 days have been packed full of logistics and planning as we added another week of practice and events to the football team calendar.  I'm also up to my eyeballs in preparations to open registrations for our spring lacrosse season.  And work...  lots of work too.  I have 4 trips in the next 3.5 weeks.  I'm hunkered down into "git 'er dun" mode for sure!

Here are some pictures of our field from Tuesday night.  We had a "pink out" to recognize and support all those touched by cancer.  Our field crew (a bunch of volunteer dads) went over the top with their preparations for our play-off game field.  I'm pretty sure the other team was intimidated as soon as they saw the Viper Pit in all its glory.  Such a fun night!

If anyone wants to join us for the BIG GAME on Tuesday - kickoff is at 7:00 at West HS.  The more the merrier!  

Have a great week everyone!  By this time next week, I'll have 2 trips behind me, the championship will be decided AND I'll have a 5 year old.  (Beckett's birthday is next Wednesday.)  If that's not a busy week, I have no idea what busy looks like.  

GO!





No comments:

Post a Comment