Thursday, July 7, 2016

Picture of the Week - 7/7/2016

Every once in a while I see something that just makes me cry.  Big fat mom tears.  This song, which just happened to catch my attention THIS week, is one of those times.  If you have ever had kids or if you like kids or or if you've ever thought kids were kind of cute or if you were once a kid (and you feel the need for a good cry), spend 3 minutes with this gem.  Grab a tissue first.




This week we sent Spencer off to Florida with a friend of his.  He has, of course, been away from home before.  He's done sleepovers and camps and traveled with my parents.  But this is the first time we've put any of our kids on a path with such big unknowns.  He and his friend flew on a plane - unaccompanied - and are spending the week with the friend's grandparents.  (Whom I've not met...)  

The preparation for the trip included some new events for us - like how much cash to send and what kind of snack should we pack - and all kinds of warnings and discussions and expectation setting about how often I expect him to check in and how we want him to behave and a whole list of things that just AREN'T OK for a 13 year old.  

Honestly, I trust him.  He's smart and mature (ish) and responsible (for his age).  He'll be fine.  

And I have a hair appointment next weekend to cover all the new grey hairs.  Good timing...

Here's a picture of Quinn and the little guys from last night.  Man those little dudes love Quinn!



Have a great week everyone!  Stay cool!  It's hot out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment