Thursday, July 28, 2016

Picture of the Week - 7/28/2016

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL???

It's football time in Georgia and I'm so excited!

Spencer's team is well into daily practices - even though our weather has been so miserably HOT and humid.  I can't even imagine putting on pads and pants and helmets and hitting each other for 3 hours every day.  My respect of these kids has gone WAY up with the way they have handled these summer practices.  Spence is having a blast, never complains, and would spend twice as much time with those guys if he could.  This is going to be such a fun year for him.  I can't wait to watch him play.

Speaking of other things I can't wait for...  Camden county is next week.  The football team is so excited to get to spend 2 days together without parents messing with them.  I'm looking forward to it because it's the culmination of a TON of work that my booster club board has been doing to prepare for the season.  We are in crunch time in a major way!  It will be awesome to get some of these tasks completed and behind us.  My year of being overcommitted is reaching it's peak.  Woot Woot!

Zane is also starting football this week.  He's an "upper classman" on his K/1 team this year.  It's funny to consider him experienced as a 1st grader.  Bob has also gotten tagged as an assistant coach for the team.  It's maybe even funnier to listen to Bob (as the "old" dad) talk about the young dads and all the things they are going to learn this year.  Perspective is such a powerful tool.  I think that team is going to be fun too.  And I'm oddly excited to get to know a whole new group of people.  I spent time this week looking up the people on the team on Facebook and LinkedIn.  It's good to broaden our "network" with a bunch of new faces.  It's an exciting time of year!

In other news... 

The boys go back to school next Thursday.  Summer is done!  I think about half my kids are ready to go back and the other half are dragging their feet about it.  You can guess which are which.

Quinn will be starting lacrosse in a few weeks and Beck is joining a flag football team for the first time this fall.  I would love to put pads on Beckett and send him into a tackle game.  Pretty sure he'd prefer the hitting...

Here are some pictures (grainy and poor quality) from the VCMS football photo session last Friday.  (Don't worry, I bought a package so I can get the better quality ones too!)  Look at my big man...  sigh...  where did my little boy go???  Speaking of that...  Quinn is growth spurting right now.  He's gotten so much taller this summer.  They are all growing like weeds...

Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment