Thursday, December 31, 2015

Picture of the Week - 12/31/2015

The last day of 2015!  Wow!

I've got lots of thoughts rumbling around in my head as we get ready to dive into a new year.  I don't know if I have really sorted through all of them just yet.  Right now, I'm feeling a bit like the dogs look in this picture.  



I'm a wee bit bummed that the Holidays are nearly over again for another year.  It's not that they weren't awesome, because they were.  It's more a forced acknowledgement that the number of holiday seasons like this we have left with our crazy little family is limited.  There won't be another one like this one.  And while this is true of EVERY day and EVERY holiday, for some reason it's hitting me a bit harder than usual today. 

Just a little blah about the whole thing. 

I think maybe it's because I've enjoyed the quiet time, the extra snuggles, the family time so much these last few weeks.  I know, in my logical head, that 2016 is going to be a whirlwind.  I know based solely on the number of commitments we have, the responsibilities we have signed up for, the events, activities, travel, work that is coming our way, that the next 12 months will be challenging.  I know that it will fly by.  And I know that I'll be sitting here again next New Year's Eve trying to figure out where the time goes.

Yeah...  it's just a little BLAH.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to be fired up to tackle all that stuff that I know is barreling it's way toward us.  It's not that I don't want to peek around the corner to see what's next.  I do.  I can't wait.  I know there is fun coming.  I know that there are more family moments.  More laughs.  More learning opportunities.  I know 2016 will be awesome - whatever it brings.  Because we will MAKE it awesome! 

So let's do this.  Let's get out of the post-holiday funk and get on with things! 

Here's to a safe Happy New Year!  Here's to another great year!  Here's to 2016!!

PS - We had a houseful of noisy boys last night for a sleepover.  Any chance of making it to midnight tonight evaporated around 2 AM this morning.  So here's to you hearty souls out there celebrating.  Have a drink for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment