Thursday, November 13, 2014

Picture of the Week - 11/13/2014

You guys know that I love quotes.  I have shared many quotes before - and I'm sure I will share many more.  I love quotes.

Today I was reminded of one of my favorites.  "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength."- Corrie Ten Boom

I worried all day.  And it was all for naught.

You see first of all I had a meeting that I had to run and I was worried about the logistics (I had to run it from home) and the content (pretty thin) and the attendees (clients...  can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em).  In addition to this meeting, I also was worried about taking Zane and Beckett to their 5 and 3 year old well child visits.  I wasn't worried because I thought there was anything wrong.  I was worried because I was pretty sure Zane was due for shots so he could be ready to climb onto that big yellow school bus next August. 

WORRY

Zane doesn't handle pain well.  And I was certain he was going to freak out. 

Zane holds a grudge.  And I was certain he would be angry all night.

DREAD

And then 2:00 rolled around and I kicked off my conference call and the dogs were blissfully quiet.  The content was well received.  Apparently even though I thought it was "thin and kind of boring" it was worth of two different "Yays" from two different difficult clients.  So yay! 

And then we were picking up the little guys and heading to the doctor.  We answered all those questions about their development.  (And honestly, I know they are developing fine.  I have ZERO concerns about their development.  Well, except that it's happening too fast.)  And then the nurse was going over their "treatment plan" for the day.  Zane needed to have his iron checked and would need to pee in a cup.  He was also due for a hearing and vision screen.  Beckett would also get a hearing screen. 

NO SHOTS

WHAT???  That had to be wrong.  I even asked her to double-check.  Apparently my worry was for nothing - and my memory is crap - because he had his shots LAST year.  He's all set.

He's all set for KINDERGARTEN at the big school.  Gulp.

I love this picture.  The nurse was talking to Beckett and Zane was playing the role of protective big brother.  So sweet!

I probably should stop here with another reminder that worrying doesn't really solve anything.  That it's better to just accept things as they happen and make the best decisions you can with the information you have.  I will try to remember this myself.

I could just keep to myself the fact that Beckett's behavior was SO BAD that by the end of the exam the doctor was reassuring us that boys between the ages of 36-42 months tend to be "a bit difficult".  I could leave out the part where instead of leaving his underwear on as instructed, Bucky insisted on getting (appropriately) BUCK NAKED and then screaming through the easy part of the exam - the entire easy part of the exam - as in the WHOLE time the doctor was in the room.  I have no idea why he was so wigged out by the doctor.  This is one of the nicest men I've ever met - and we've known him now for 13 years.  Good grief we are old...

I should probably just delete that paragraph above and instead share this picture and let you all believe that my children are perfect angels all the time.  But hey - I'm all about keepin it real!


For the record - and because my memory is obviously utter crap these days - here are their stats:
Zane - 43.25 inches and 46.5 pounds
Beckett - 38 inches and 37 pounds
Which puts them both about 50% for height and 90% for weight.  And aside from a case of a weird skin rash thing that Beck has had forever, they are the picture of perfect health.  Screaming fits and all!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment