Thursday, December 19, 2013

Picture of the Week - 12/19/2013

“It’s little moments that make life big.” ~Anonymous
 
That little gem of a quote popped up on my Mary Engelbreit desk calendar on Tuesday.  Those little desk calendars are kind of a STAPLE in my life.  I’ve had one on my desk for probably the last 7-8 years (maybe longer…) thanks to a neatly wrapped Christmas gift from my mom every year.  (Oh boy, I hope my mom got them again this year!!)  I love Mary’s art and I love love love some of the quotes she uses.  They very often speak to me. 
 
This quote seemed to ring especially true for me this week.  There were so many fun little moments that have happened over the past couple of weeks.  It’s a little mind boggling to stop and think about how lucky I am to get to have all these fun little moments. 
 
We are enjoying watching Quinn play basketball for the first time ever.  His team is very recreational, but he’s not bad!  His coach is a grandfather who very CLEARLY loves to coach these kids.  Quinn had a one-on-one session with him last weekend and at the end, he handed us a bag of oranges as a thank you for coming.  He’s probably one of the nicest people I’ve met in a long time.  I am so thankful that we “broke” our no winter sports rule.  We never would have met coach Steve if we hadn’t!
 
There are so many Christmas things going on!  Zane had his program at school this week.  I tried to get good pictures of him, but he was SO excited that he jumped and danced and vibrated the entire time.  He loves his friends.  He loves his teachers.  We all love his school.  That little school (along with taking lots of our money) has helped raise my kids.  I’m not sure I’ll ever find a way to thank them properly. 
 
The break room at work this week has been a treasure of goodies.  There have been chocolates and cookies and cupcakes and a whole stack of Harry and David stuff.  I've gotten treats from vendors and customers and co-workers.  It's been awesome for my sweet tooth!  (Not so much for my waistband...  but I'll get back on the bandwagon post-holiday fun!  For now... no stress.  Pass the Godiva!)
 
Thanks to the absence of most of our evening activities, we’ve gotten to spend quite a lot of time with the big boys recently.  We’ve started letting them watch a few of the shows we record.  (Marvel Agents of Shield is a current family favorite.  And of course there are SO many fun holiday specials on TV!)  These relaxing evenings are a great excuse for some cuddling under blankets and some very funny conversations.  The other night we decided to torture the dogs by trying to get them to wear Santa hats.  It was very very funny…  unless you are Willow. 
 
I love coming home to the house all decorated every day.  I love the primitive Santa that hangs on our front door.  I love the 2 big reindeer and 4 little reindeer that graze in our front yard.  I love our misshapen tree with all the ornaments clumped on a few toddler-height branches.  I love, with all my heart, looking at those 6 stockings hanging from our mantel.  I love knowing that this is US.  This is our family.  This is what love is really all about. 
 
So today, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite things with you.  There are way too many options to choose just one picture.  I always say, when in doubt, make a collage!
 
This weekend we are looking forward to a visit from Grandpa Bob and Grandma Phyllis.  The weather is supposed to be unseasonably warm so we’re going to go DO something.  Not sure what yet…  maybe the zoo…  whatever it is, we will have fun!  I will not let December mid-60s go to waste!
 
By the time the next picture of the week email finds you all, Christmas 2013 will be history.  I hope that we will all still be a little giddy over the joy that I know is waiting when those 8 little feet come running down the stairs on Christmas morning.  I CAN NOT WAIT!
 
Merry Christmas!  May you all have a very blessed and happy week!  And may you recognize all your little moments and realize how very big life is!
Love
The Bovenizers

No comments:

Post a Comment