Thursday, December 12, 2013

Picture of the Week - 12/12/2013

First - I want to send out a very Happy Birthday to Bob today!  So very glad he asked me to prom nearly 23 years ago!  He makes my life happy!!
 
Second - get ready to throw things at me!  I can take it!  My Christmas preparations are 95% done!  I am really really done buying things!  I have almost everything wrapped.  My packages have been shipped.  Cookies are 90% done.  Teacher gifts are ready.  I am READY!  And it feels awesome!
 
Now I can sit back and relax and enjoy all the craziness of the season - and the boys!  I am so excited about this Christmas.  I haven't been THIS excited for Christmas in a long time!  In additional to all the traditions (brunch at my sister's on Christmas Eve, new jammies for everyone to wear while waiting for Santa, cookie trays that make my mouth water just thinking about, etc.) we also have some extra fun things planned. 
 
My parents are staying at our place this year for Christmas Eve.  I *love* waking up with them there!  We are taking the boys to see Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at the Center for Puppetry Arts.  I may spend more time watching Zane and Beckett than the actual show.  I can't wait to see their faces!  And I have vowed to get *somewhere* to see lights - lots of lights!  We haven't decided where we want to go yet, but I am going to make this happen this year!  Any locals have suggestions?  We've considered Lake Lanier, Turner Field, Stone Mt, John's Creek, the Botanical Garden, and Hobgood Park.  Choices are awesome...  I just can't decide!  Stay tuned.
 
Tonight I'm taking Bob out for a birthday dinner at one of our favorite little places - which just happens to be connected to a microbrewery who just happens to be celebrating their 1 year anniversary with a few special beers.  Sometimes the universe just makes sense!  This weekend we get to celebrate December birthdays again at a restaurant that I've been wanting to try when we get together with my parents, sister and Bart for a grown-up dinner!  Yum! 
 
What fun things do you have planned for the next few weeks? 
 
I will end with a couple of funny stories courtesy of the boys. 
 
First Zane's funny - To set this up, remember that Zane is in imagination overdrive phase right now.  He's always playing with his action figures and has some epic storylines.  He regularly fights invisible bad guys all over the house.  He can entertain himself for a LONG time.  Pretty awesome!  On our tree we have a Mickey Mouse ears ornament.  It's pretty big, but definitely not life sized.  One of Zane's favorite things right now is to run around fighting his bad guys and then decide to go into stealth mode.  He drops to his knees, sticks his head under that Ear ornament, puts a goofy look on his face and starts talking in a voice that he firmly believes makes him sound like Mickey Mouse.  He immediately changes from Zane to Mickey - and the bad guys can NEVER find him!  Cracks me up every time!
 
And one from Spencer - To set this one up, you have to remember that Spencer has the driest, most sarcastic sense of humor you can possibly imagine.  He's funny.  Really funny.  Most of his humor goes straight over the heads of his peers.  Get the idea?  So the other day we had our Christmas Elf (who's name is Tyler) hanging from the light over the kitchen table.  This was one of the more obvious locations that Tyler has landed this year.  He was kind of right in our faces and impossible to ignore.  So Spence and I came into the kitchen from somewhere together.  We were chatting - I have no idea what the topic was - and all was normal.  Spence walked over to the table and said, in the most deadpan voice, "Hey Tyler, creepy as usual." and then just kept on chatting.  LOL  This still makes me laugh because Tyler IS creepy looking!!!
 
May you all have some fun as you finish up those To Do lists and kick up your feet with some hot tea (or something a bit stronger).  Enjoy these last 13 days before Christmas 2013!!  You will never get these days back!
 
Here's our annual Santa hat picture.  Another tradition that I love with all my heart! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment