Thursday, March 7, 2013

Picture of the Week - 3/7/2013

Spring cleaning my distribution list and a bunch of random stuff
 
*****************************
OK folks.  It seems like it's time for me to prune the distribution list.  I hardly ever hear from any of you and that always makes me think that these emails have become a nuisance.  I have a little over 50 people on this list and average 3 responses.  Kinda bums me out!  (Hi Sally!  Thanks for always hitting reply!!!)  Believe me, I understand busy and the Facebook effect is also a factor, but I really would love to hear from you guys.  You listen to me ramble about all variety of things, take a minute and let me know what's going on in your world.  And if you are tired of my ramblings, no hard feelings!  I certainly don't want to clog up your inbox. 
 
So you have a job to do.  If you are still interested in these weekly POTW emails, let me know.  I'll be sifting through the distribution list sometime this week.  Thanks!
*****************************
Quinn cardiology update - Woot Woot Woot
 
Q had a cardiologist appt on Tuesday.  This was the first one in 18 months, so we were a little nervous.  (Maybe a lot nervous...)  He has no symptoms, but you just never know.  We'd been knocked off our feet at these check-ups before.  The appointment went great.  Quinn still has a bundle branch block, probably from one of the surgeries, that we continue to watch.  He still has a mild subaortic membrane, but it hasn't grown since last time and is only causing the mildest of leakage at the aortic valve.  And his right side heart pressures are still higher than they should be in a "normal" heart, but again, this has not gotten any worse in nearly 2 years.  SOOOOO we got the thumbs up from his cardiologist and an OK to wait another 18 months before we go back.  It is SOOO weird to think that he will be 10.5 when he goes back there.  I still remember walking into that place with a 4 pound baby!
 
In other Quinn-heart news - We are signing Q up for Camp Braveheart this summer.  This is a camp sponsored and organized by the Kids at Heart program run through Sibley Heart Center.  It's just for heart kids!  It is a sleep away camp!!!  I think Quinn will have a blast (assuming they accept his application and he gets to go!)  He's got the perfect personality for summer camp!
*****************************
So Zane moved to the next room at daycare a month or so ago.  It's a "real" preschool room.  In this room they focus more on school-type stuff and less on things like potty training and not pulling hair.  I am honestly blown away at how fast he's picking things up in there.  He knew his letters and numbers before he went over there, but in the last month he has started identifying the starting letters of words based on sound.  And they are working hard on letter recognition with flash cards - as opposed to just saying the letters in order.  He counts everything.  He's like a sponge!  (And I will write a whole lot more about how much I *love* the "why, what, why why why" stage soon - sigh!) 
 
This morning Zane came into our room and the first thing out of his mouth (after giving Beckett a hug) was the spelling of his name.  Z - A - N - E - and then he gave me an impish grin.  I had no idea he knew how to spell his name!  So very cool!!!
*****************************
Beckett is home again with a "fever".  Thank goodness Bob works from home and can be flexible.  I don't think he's sick, but he is trying to cut 4 molars.  Poor dude!
*****************************
The weather finally looks like it's going to cooperate for lacrosse season.  We have gotten a few free days this week because of first thunderstorms and then freezing, windy conditions.  Tonight it's ON as the weather has turned sunny and springlike.  This weekend is supposed to be in the mid-60s and I'm actually looking forward to spending some time at the parks!
*****************************
New furniture and stuff.  I think I mentioned a while back that we ordered some new furniture for our living room.  This meant that we could move the exisiting living room stuff into the toy room, which makes it much nicer in there.  Spencer, of course, hated all of this.  He hates change...  Here's a picture of the new stuff with the new rug which we just got this week.  And a bonus of Z pushing around a car full of birds (notice only birds) just cause he's cute.
*****************************
OK - That's all from here!  Remember to take a second and hit respond.  And if I don't hear from you, it's cool!  We can catch up again down the road!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment