Thursday, March 17, 2022

Picture of the Week - 3/17/2022

 Spencer is home for Spring Break this week.  Actually, I think it's probably more accurate to say Spencer is not in Charleston this week because he's on spring break.  LOL  I would love to say we've spent hours catching up and chatting, but I feel like I've hardly seen him!  


It's OK though - he's spent the break catching up with his friends, relaxing, and having fun.  And apparently also stocking his "sleep hours" bank.  

Yesterday he and his friend Brody drove over to Birmingham to go to a concert for a band I've never even heard of.  Ahhhh to be young.  I know they are having a blast - and should be home again (to shower and eat before heading out somewhere again, I'm sure) this afternoon.  

I've implemented a plan tomorrow for FFFF (Friday Forced Family Fun) and told all the boys we are going out for a nice dinner - a no t-shirt dinner - just the 6 of us.  Looking forward to at least a couple of hours without distractions to enjoy my boys.  :)

Spencer heads back to school on Sunday. Sigh, the time goes too fast!


Kitchen reno update
- We have contracts signed for countertops and backsplash and get to go pick out materials tomorrow afternoon.  I'm oddly nervous that I'm going to pick something I won't love - which is weird considering how much I hate what we have now.  LOL
- We are currently in the process of trying to track down someone who can make us a desktop (for the desk portion of the kitchen) out of reclaimed wood because I think it would be cool to break up all the countertop with something "warm".  I found a guy on Etsy that will do it - because EVERYTHING is on Etsy...  but trying to decide if his price is reasonable and I'm just out of touch with reality or if he's overpriced and we can find something better.  
- AND I found a lady who will paint the cabinets for us too...  on Facebook of all places!  I love social media.  She's pretty booked up, so we probably won't get that part done until the summer.  I'm dreading that step - to be honest - because it'll take about a week and, well, the kitchen is important when you are raising boys - especially boys doing the growth spurt thing*
- This is a fun - and expensive - project that I'm SO excited about - and also kinda dreading.  Ya know what I mean???

* Zane is in full-out growth mode.  He can't stop eating.  He's constantly hungry.  And this morning when he came in to say goodbye, I had to noticeably look UP into his eyes.  He's probably grown a full inch since Christmas.  






No comments:

Post a Comment