Thursday, February 24, 2022

Picture of the Week - 2/24/2022

 2 more wrestling-heavy POTWs and then I will give you all a break (and I will have to figure out what I'm going to talk about...)


Last weekend Zane and Beck competed in a local tournament and both boys placed 2nd.  That was pretty fun.  It was a well-run event and we had a really nice time.  It's been a good season for those guys.  They have worked really hard and they are turning into good wrestlers.  And they are a billion times more fit than they were coming out of football season!  There's fit, then there's "wrestling fit".

This weekend, tomorrow actually, we are heading on a road trip to Georgia Kids State in Warner Robin.  Zane will compete on Saturday and Beck on Sunday.  I've signed up to volunteer at the event, so who knows what that means.  I'm hoping they will teach me to run a table.  It's about the only part of the wrestling experience I haven't done yet.  I'll probably end up in concessions again...

This is the last of the scheduled events for this wrestling season.  Wow - it flew by.  The boys will continue to train through the spring and we will likely end up doing some camps and tournaments in the summer, but it will be kind of nice to not have something scheduled every Saturday for a while!  Maybe we can do some (much needed) home maintenance.  

Have a great week everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment