Thursday, December 16, 2021

Picture of the Week - 12/16/2021

 You all already know that our lives are totally consumed by wrestling...  but this week it feels a little like we are over the hump of all the hard work I am responsible for coordinating!  We are nearly to the stage of getting to watch and enjoy!


Bob and I chaperoned - and fed - 26 kids and 3 coaches last weekend in a giant cabin in Gatlinburg.  It was exhausting - and one of the best things I've gotten to do in a long time!  The weekend was so fun for those kids - they had a blast and made some great memories!  There was very little sleep - but also very little drama.  We even hosted a cookout for all the parents on Saturday and piled about 30 more people into the house.  I love that wrestling family of ours and am so very grateful that we still have Zane and Beck because I can't imagine being nearly "done" with our time as Team Parents/Booster Club Presidents/Organizers of the Chaos.  Serving this team fills a piece of my heart!  I love every stressed out minute of it.

Last night was Quinn's senior night.  He lost - and so did the team.  Not the best senior night ever, but today everyone is back to work and looking to get the job done this weekend.  I didn't get a single picture from Senior night - because I am TERRIBLE at taking pictures.  We did have a photographer there, so eventually we will get some great pictures I am sure...  but I should have at least gotten one of our family.  Sheesh...  I need to work on that!

I did grab some pictures that some other folks took from last weekend that I thought would be fun to share.  :)

Tomorrow we get Spencer back!  I'm excited that he's going to get to spend a good few weeks with us.  I think he needs to be back around the 8th, but the details are a little sketchy...  the wrestling team responsibilities don't become clear as far in advance as I would like!!  

Then on Saturday I get to take Zane and Beck to a tournament.  It's a pretty big one - so I expect they will each get a number of matches.  It should be a fun time!  After Saturday - aside from practices - we are done until after Christmas.  I think everyone needs a little break - and I know Quinn needs a minute to let his body recover some.  I'm guessing Spencer is the same way, but he never complains.

SO hard to believe that Christmas is next week!  I just about finished up all my wrapping and am definitely done with my buying!!!  I don't even have to bake this year - because all of the boys are being careful with their weight right now (not cutting, but need to maintain...  so cookies will have to wait).  It's just about time to just chill and enjoy each other!  WOO HOO!!!

Have a great week - and enjoy the last of whatever preparations you are doing.  Remember what a blessing it is to have people to work for!  It means you are connected and needed and loved.  That's not a small thing!









No comments:

Post a Comment