Thursday, June 3, 2021

Picture of the Week - 6/3/2021

 T minus 16 days


That's how long I've got before we move Spencer to Charleston.  Wow!

Compared to the week before, this past week was slow and boring!  And yet - it was also kinda whacky!  

Over the weekend Bob took Spencer and Zane to Virginia Beach for a big wrestling tournament.  The other 2 boys stayed here with me.  I tackled painting the room in the basement that will soon be Quinn's bedroom in between watching matches online.  Beckett mostly ate popsicles and Quinn was in and out doing a variety of social things that 17 year old boys tend to do in the summer.

This week we decided to let Zane and Beck have a week without camps so they could chill and relax.  It's been a little wild having all 4 boys around all the time (well in and out like grand central, actually).  There's a lot of motion all the time!  And my grocery shopping hasn't adequately adjusted for the onslaught of boredom eating.  Mental note - I need more lunchmeat and cookies next week.  

Speaking of next week...  Next up for us is a weekend Fellowship of Christian Athletes Father/Son wrestling camp that Bob is taking Zane and Beck to.  They get to stay in a cabin, get some wrestling instruction, and get to hang out together doing fun stuff.  Spencer and Quinn will be here with me this weekend, which should be a bit different than Beck and Quinn.  I expect to get deserted...  So I'll likely be back to painting in the basement.  My goal for the weekend is to get things ready for the closet organizer I bought.  I don't think I can manage installation of that thing solo, but I'm pretty sure I can get to the point where that's next.  

The Great Bedroom Swap of Summer 2021 will start with Quinn moving downstairs.  Then we have to freshen the paint (and replace an overhead light and the blinds) in Quinn's room so we can move Beck in there.  Then we are going to freshen the paint (WAY overdue) in Zane's room and update his decorations.  The deadline (self-imposed) for all of this is first week of August so we can get everyone settled back in before school starts.  That sounds like a long way away, but in the meantime, we have a trip to Ohio for wrestling camp, moving spencer to Charleston, trip to Orlando for wrestling tourney, vacation, and a wide variety of (all slightly different) camps to prepare for each week.  It's a crazy summer - even by my standards.  If we can get this all done by August I'm gifting myself a spa day!

Here's a quick picture of ZnB tonight after a haircut for Beck just because I really haven't taken many pictures this week.  Maybe I can get some of the new basement bedroom - complete with walk in closet and custom barn doors - for next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment