Thursday, May 27, 2021

Picture of the Week - 5/27/2021

 It's a little hard to wrap my head around everything that has happened since last Thursday.  There are so many memories crammed into 7 days!  I did learn one thing about myself, however, and that is that I take terrible graduation pictures!  (When I remember to take them at all...)  That's definitely something to work on before Quinn's graduation next year!


Spencer officially graduated on Sunday.  Leading up to the big day, was a Friday night dinner with Bob's mom and sister.  Then a Saturday full of perfect weather and a super fun party packed with friends and family AND a big celebratory dinner!  It was a really special weekend.  

Monday Bob and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary.  I love May 24th because it not only gives us an excuse to remember that special day, but it is also an obvious opportunity to stop and think about the amazing life we have built together.  It's a special thing that I am grateful for every day.  I don't take this marriage and our relationship for granted because I know how amazing it is!  To celebrate, we had a photo shoot for some updated family portraits.  It was fun!  We've been using this photographer for at least 12 years - which is pretty crazy to think about!  I can't wait to see the results!

Then Tuesday we got to celebrate Zane's transition from elementary to middle school.  (I hesitate to call that a graduation because, honestly, it's expected... but it IS a big transition!)  Zane is ready to put Whitlow into his rear view mirror and tackle Vickery Middle School.  He's done the school tours and met some of the teachers - and has the distinct benefit of a recognizable last night.  I think he's gonna thrive there!

Last night Bob and I sent the boys off to wrestling practice and had a super fun date night - with wine.  And today the boys are all up at the pool celebrating the last day of school with their neighborhood buddies.  

There aren't many weeks like this last one.  My emotions have been more stable than I would have guessed given the extraordinary level of change we are all going through right now.  I have had some moments - like when Zane joined the middle school church group alongside his 5th grade peers (forgot to mention that one) on Sunday.  Spencer's graduation was not a sad event for me, but watching his wrestling team turn out at his party to wish him well choked me up.  

I'm guessing that those little moments will continue to hit me when they want to over the coming months, which I will gladly accept because my dominant feeling this past week is one of happiness and pride of all the things my boys are accomplishing.  I love the people they are becoming and can't wait to see what's next for them!

Speaking of what's next...  tomorrow morning Bob is packing Spencer and Zane into the car and heading to Virginia Beach for a wrestling Duals competition.  Some say this is the biggest Duals competition in the country each year.  There will be people from all over the states.  It will be tough for sure!  

When they return Spencer will be down to 21 days at home before he has to report to The Citadel.  3 weeks.  Excuse me while I have a little moment...







No comments:

Post a Comment