Thursday, October 26, 2017

Picture of the Week - 10/26/2017

So we are getting new carpets upstairs.  I'm ridiculously excited.  I'm also thinking we were insane to do it in the middle of our crazy fall season.  

The carpet installers are moving all of the furniture.  The commercials make it sound SO easy...  and then you sign the paperwork and they hand you this little booklet about how to prepare for the installation.  Take everything off every surface.  Move small stuff (lamps, chairs, etc.).  Strip all the beds.  THAT'S NOT EASY!

We are doing the entire upstairs.  So there's no where to stash stuff.  All the closet floors have to be cleared up to 3 ft.  That means all the low hanging clothes have to move.  

I've learned these things - we have too many books and too many clothes and far too many stuffed animals.  Also, my boys are not tidy.  

I know (hope/pray) that I'll love it when it's all done, but on the eve of the event, knowing that I've got the dogs solo tomorrow while Bob goes to the office for the first time in...  I can't even remember...  where's the wine.  Oh wait, I still have to clear out my entire craft area.  Sob...

If you need me, I'll be filling up all of our bathtubs with lamps and pillows and shoes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment