Thursday, September 7, 2017

Picture of the Week - 9/7/2017

So I thought it might be kind of fun to share how my day went today.  This is not because I'm whining about it.  Actually, it was a pretty OK day.  This is more just so that someday my boys might read this and realize that we were really busy!

  • 4:40 - My alarm went off (I set it so I can snooze a bit...)
  • 5:55 - Out the door and into "my" pickup truck - which I don't like...  at all
  • 7:07 - arrive in my office and find that the HR lady who shares my office when I'm not there beat me to work and was in my spot.  Despite my name being on the plate on the door, I still felt guilty that I made her go back to her cube.
  • Series of meetings - none of which all that interesting - including a meeting straight through lunch - ending with a customer call in which I thought I'd be there for morale support and to answer the odd question and ended up speaking, almost exclusively, for around 75 minutes.  Not what I expected...  sometimes it's good to be able to virtually tap dance!
  • 3:36 - leave the office, knowing that I've missed the window that minimizes the traffic home
  • 4:56 - walk in the door after dealing with super frustrating traffic.  Maybe it's extra people from the Florida and Georgia evacuations.  Maybe it's just a busy traffic day, but it was a LOT of cars to deal with!  Thank goodness Bob had dinner ready because I was a good 45 minutes later than I wanted to be getting home.
  • 5:10 - load Beckett and Zane into the big car (cause I'm not voluntarily driving the pick-up around all evening!) and take them to Midway Park.
  • 5:20 - remind Beckett's coach that I'm having to do a "drop and run" which they really don't like you to do with 5 year olds...  because I'm on taxi duty...  and then squeeze Beck into his pads
  • 5:40 - leave Beck and head to the other side of Midway to drop off Zane.  Again explain the "drop and run" requirement.  Squeeze Zane into his pads
  • 6:10 - leave Zane and head home to get Quinn
  • Spent 20 minutes watching the news to see what's going on with the hurricane.  I may be addicted to Hurricane coverage.  I'm horrified at the mess Harvey left and worried about all the destruction coming with Irma is going to cause.  What a mess! 
  • 6:25 - leave with Quinn to go to his lacrosse practice at Sawnee Mt Park
  • 6:50 - leave Quinn as soon as the coach arrives at the field and head back to Midway
  • Spend 15 minutes staring into the sun while Beckett's team finishes practice and runs sprints
  • 7:05 - load Beck into the car after stripping him out of sweaty pads and head back up to Zane's field
  • Spend the next hour alternating between watching Zane, chatting with some friends, and trying to locate Beckett, who kept disappearing.  Pleasant evening at this point - aside from staring into the blinding sun.
  • 8:05 - attempt to leave Midway Park only to spend the next 15 minutes in traffic.  Seriously - where are all these people going and why aren't they at home?  Oh right...  they are probably out schlepping kids to and from a wide variety of "stuff"
  • 8:20 - arrive at the high school to wait for Spencer to arrive (via bus) from his away football game.  Worth noting at this point that Bob spent the evening at the game (not just ignoring me and the taxi duties) and by this point had left the football game and was at Sawnee Mt to collect Quinn
  • Spend the next 25 minutes with the little boys, who by this time were overtired and hungry, literally BOUNCING around the car.  Windows down.  LOUD.  They were, honestly, completely incapable of sitting still for more than about 14 seconds.  Those 25 minutes wrecked my nerves way worse the Atlanta rush hour traffic - even WITH the accident and flashing lights and Waze-suggested detour.
  • 8:47 - Spencer arrives in the car and immediately stinks up the whole place.  Boy stink is bad.  Post-football game boy stink is REALLY bad...
  • 9:02 - arrive home and pour myself a fancy plastic Tervis Tumbler full of my favorite wine while the boys eat a very nutritious second dinner of Tostinos pizza rolls. 
  • It's now 9:29 and I'm wrapping up this POTW, which I love writing, but does occasionally add a bit of stress to my "to do" list.  Next stop is pajamas, finishing my fancy glass of wine, and curling up for another episode of Game of Thrones.  (Another week I will have to share the strange path Bob and I have taken to get to the final season of GoT.  It involves starting with actually reading the books and ends with us trying to remember, after each episode, whether THAT actually happened in the books or not.  The discussions are nearly as entertaining as the actual show.)
BTW - Spencer won his game 35-0.  His team is stacked.  These boys are going to be SUPER fun to watch for the next 4 years.  The head varsity coach has come to both the Freshmen games instead of the JV games.  I think he's looking forward to watching this guys for the next 4 years too!

Zane and Beck both have games this Saturday at 9 am.  It's a divide-and-conquer Saturday morning.  Not my favorite, but it DOES mean we will be done with our commitments by early afternoon!

Have a great week everyone - if you are in Irma's path, stay safe!  That storm is nothing to mess with...

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment