Thursday, September 17, 2015

Picture of the Week - 9/17/2015

I'm feeling a bit run down and under the weather this week.  Nothing serious, but enough to make me wish I were at home with my feet up reading a book or quilting instead of sitting in my freezing cold office.  Life...

Nothing new and exciting happening this week.  It's a week of routine - very busy routine, but routine.  

Spencer's football team lost on Tuesday night, which was a total bummer.  They have 2 more regular season games left and then start the playoffs in mid-October.  

Quinn's lacrosse games for fall season started last weekend and his team went 1 and 1.  Not a bad start for the boys!  There are 4 brand new players on the team, so they will only get better from here.

Zane's team won on Saturday morning and he was pretty pumped up!  They are still adorable and funny and a refreshing change from the seriousness of middle school sports.  It's a good reminder to just enjoy the experience.  

Speaking of enjoying experiences...  Spencer was asked to join a Sunday-only lacrosse team made up of a bunch of guys he knows from school and lacrosse and football.  It's largely a team of guys who play together on the select team in the spring.  He was thrilled to be asked and had a blast with those guys in the double-header he played last Sunday.  It will be a fun season for him and a nice way to keep a lacrosse stick in his hand through the "off" season.  (Is there really an off season?)

Since I am feeling sluggish and sleepy, I thought it was appropriate to share some recent pictures of the Little Boys sleeping.  The fall schedule is taking a bit of a toll on them and we regularly need to wake them in the mornings to get off to school.  I hate that for them, but it is what it is.  I've always loved sleeping kid pictures.  So innocent looking!  I cherish the fact that Beck still sleeps with his butt in the air.  And love that in this picture you can see a drool puddle (which he will hate me for someday) and see him snuggling with a quilt and a pillowcase my mom made for him.  



Zane's sleeping habits remain VERY interesting.  Remember when he used to sleep UNDER his toddler bed and surround himself, cave-like, with stuffed animals and blankets?  Well not much has changed.  He now sleeps up on the top bunk, but has more "stuff" up there than you can imagine.  He burrows when he sleeps and loves to have things surrounding him on all sides.  It's fascinating to me!  Also, his hair, with those curls...  I die.



Have a great week everyone!  Next week is more of the same for us and then we have some downtime for "fall break".  We need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment