Thursday, May 14, 2015

Picture of the Week - 5/14/2015

Greetings!

Happy middle of May!!  Only 8 short days before we head off to vacation.  Anyone counting along with me?  No?  That's OK - I'll remind you again next week.

So some news from the week...

Spencer made the middle school football team.  He's officially a Vickery Creek Middle School Viper football player.  I am beyond proud of him.  There were 95 kids who tried out from the 6th and 7th grades.  The coaches picked 45 boys.  There were only 11 6th graders selected for the team.  He's in pretty elite company.  And it's a very proud mom moment when I realize how hard he worked to EARN this.  He's got football stuff going on all summer now and the season kicks off in early August with a trip down to Georgia football powerhouse Camden county for a scrimmage.  His games will be Tuesday evenings (and some Saturdays) through late October.

Spring lacrosse season is over.  Both teams lost in the first round of tournament play last Saturday.  It was a fun lacrosse season, but I think we are all a little relieved for a reprieve.  We aren't signed up for any organized sports over the summer (aside from football conditioning stuff) and I'm looking forward to more backyard play and time for ice cream trips to Chill Hill.

I spent the better part of Sunday packing for our trip.  The good thing is that I think I've finished the hard part.  The bad thing is that I've got way too much stuff - and it's all over my sewing table.  So my goal this weekend is to get everything paired down a bit and to start filling up suitcases.  Come next Friday morning I want to throw toothbrushes into a bag and hit the road - after the 5th grade graduation of course.

2 pictures for the day.  One is from a couple of weekends ago during Zane's first lacrosse scrimmage.  I was finally looking at the pictures and love this one.  I love that his stick is just right so you can read his name.  I love that his socks are just right so you can read "West Forsyth".  I love that the tape on his stick matches his strings.  I love the serious look on his face.  I really love the sweaty curls across his forehead.  I just love it!



Speaking of love...  I asked Bob for 2 things for Mother's Day.  One was an updated picture of my boys and the other was a clean van.  Now that we are done with sports and turf fields for a while, I figured we could take a minute to vacuum out all the little black pellets and destinkify the mini van.  That is totally a word!  Bob worked with all the boys for a LONG time (many hands does not always mean the most efficient process) and the end result is so nice!

The picture session was a little rocky at first...  we tried to recreate a picture on the front porch, but it was way too sunny and it was a bad scene.  We move to the back porch and magic happened.  All smiles.  LOVE my boys!!!  That picture is the best present I could have gotten.



Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment