Thursday, May 22, 2014

Picture of the Week - 5/22/2014

Zane graduated from pre-K tonight.  Spencer graduates from 5th grade tomorrow.  I could write a whole post about how these graduations are a little whacko, but that's for another day.  I think Spencer put it best the other day when he said, "I don't think graduation from 5th grade should be a celebration.  Isn't it more of an expectation."
 
I also have many, many feelings about how fast time goes.  I'm not sure I've formed all these thoughts into a coherent paragraph just yet.  Stay tuned for that too.
 
And then there's the wedding/anniversary weekend.  For anyone who is my "friend" on Facebook, I apologize for the bombarding of photos I uploaded today.  I guess I have lots to say.  We are leaving for a road trip to celebrate my cousin Amy's wedding this weekend.  We are also celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary on the same day.  I am so thrilled that we get to spend our special day celebrating what will become a very special day for Amy and CJ with our family.  It should be a very fun (and likely tiring) weekend.  I could talk about how blessed I am to be married to my best friend, but I'm pretty sure you guys have heard that before. 
 
Instead of waxing (somewhat) poetic about any of these things, I will just simply remind you to go love the people around you.  They change faster than you can imagine and time simply flies.  Take time to celebrate - the big moments and the little ones.  You get one chance at this crazy life.  Make the most of it!
 
I leave you with a picture of Zane in a miniature cap and gown.  His cuteness still sometimes catches me off guard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment