Thursday, September 12, 2013

Picture of the Week - 9/12/2013

I worked from home yesterday.  Which really isn't news worthy.  I don't work from home regularly, but it does happen from time to time.  In hindsight, it was a pretty well-timed (albeit completely coincidental) work from home day. 
 
I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  No reason really.  And when I stop to think about all of the other people going through legitimate issues, I'm a little embarrassed to even admit that sometimes I get into a funk.  (Tell me this happens to everyone...  right???)  We have a busy schedule and sometimes the days run together and there never seems to be enough time to do anything the way I'd like to do it.  From time to time, it feels like we're just getting by. Throw in a week of nasty head colds and annoying coughing and screwed up sleep and I end up in a funk. 
 
And then something, usually something completely random, reminds me that I am blessed and I need to get over myself and be thankful. 
 
And I am!
 
Yesterday I worked from home because Bob had to go into the office and someone needed to cover afterschool and a vet appointment.  And spending a day alone in my quiet house was just what I needed.  And the fact that it was also the 12th anniversary of 9/11 was like a sign from God.  Things happen for a reason.  Timing is not chance. 
 
I took the dogs outside after lunch and I took a break from work and the computer. I sat in the sun.  For 10 minutes or so, I had nothing to do and no distractions.  I sat and I enjoyed my little spot on the earth.  I scratched a couple of dog heads.  And I thought about all the reasons I should be grateful.  I have health and a happy marriage and a handful of very marvelous kids.  I have a good job and a comfortable life.  We have friends and family who care about us and are always there to help.  My little backyard, with the grass that needs cut and the overgrown shrubs and the fence that could really use some paint, was the perfect reminder for me.  The warm sun and a comfortable chair were bonus. 
 
Next time I get in a funk maybe I'll schedule a preemptive work from home day. 
 
This weekend we are looking forward to a visit from Grandpa Bob and Grandma Phyllis.  We've got our first lacrosse game and another football game.  And the weather is forecasted to be decidedly UN-FUNK worthy!  Enjoy it!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment