Thursday, December 6, 2012

Picture of the Week - 12/6/2012

I think I mentioned this before, but my word of the season this year is Magic.  I am really loving how the boys are getting into the season.  Their excitement is contagious!
 
One of the funniest things to watch is Beckett trying to figure out our Christmas tree.  We kind of knew that he was going to be a handful this year because he is SO busy and SO curious and SO ornery!!!  (He can empty the tupperware cupboard in 37 seconds flat.  He can sense when the bathroom door is open providing him access to play in the toilet.  He regularly runs away while giggling when someone tries to catch up after he steals something he shouldn't have.)
 
He has not disappointed.
 
At first he was content to stare at all the lights and point at all the pretty ornaments.  That lasted about 5 minutes.  Then he moved on to grabbing.  Then grabbing and shaking.  With vigor!
 
He was so interested in the fake cranberries that I got sick of trying to get him to stop (and I was also increasingly worried about the entire tree getting pulled over) that I took the off and gave them to Beck to play with.  He was SOOOO tickled with himself.  He wore those beads around his neck and dragged them all over the house for hours. 
 
I really can't wait to see how our Christmas Magic continues to grow this year.  We ought to be bursting with Magic by Christmas Eve!
 
Speaking of magic...  if anyone has a way for me to magically get back home without the 3+ hour drive I am facing, I would be very grateful!  (Being away from home for work during the holidays is cruel and unusual punishment!)
 
Have a great week!  I intend to fill my house with the smells of Christmas cookies and Gingerbread this weekend.  Yum!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment