Thursday, April 20, 2023

Picture of the Week - 4/20/2023

 Thursday before a long weekend with a roadtrip...  yes, please!


The last couple of weeks have been really "work-centric".  I guess this is understandable, given Bob and I both work full time.  Every now and then the paying gig requires real attention.  It's boring to talk about work.  No one wants to hear about it.  I bet there aren't 3 people out there (Bob doesn't count) who even know what I do.  Am I right?  

So I won't dwell on the boring job stuff...  but the fact that it's been there means I'm tapped of energy for other stuff.  I have pictures of the dogs (mostly sleeping while I sit at my desk) and well, that's it.  I took this picture of me at the office the other day.  I am amused by the fact that ADP (hey, there's a clue to what I do!) insists that we go to the office, but the spaces all pretty much still look like this 90% of the time.  I go, punch in my security card, and stay off the HR naughty lists.  I sit in this (relatively nice) spot with a headset on talking to the same people I talk to every day, none of whom are in this office with me.  It's ridiculous.  But then I get a paycheck every other week...

Wait - I'm dwelling...  moving on.

Tomorrow morning we are heading to Memphis for a wrestling tournament.  This is the first tournament since state - and the first time our high school coach will be coaching Zane and Beck in years.  We are taking a high school team and a middle school team.  Our boys are wrestling in both individuals and duals.  I'm hoping they each get 4-7 matches.  Also, I've never been to Memphis...  so that'll be cool.  No, we aren't taking the camper...  because the venue is in the downtown area and there really aren't a ton of downtown campgrounds, go figure.  

We wrap up this tournament and pretty much roll right into the end of school sprint - with a healthy dose of spring football thrown in for good measure.  Before we know it, it'll be mid-May and the summer will be upon us.  I can do it!  Even if I occasionally need to do it from a deserted cube farm in Alpharetta.  (Does ANYONE look good in office lighting?  Goodness....)



No comments:

Post a Comment