Thursday, November 17, 2022

Picture of the Week - 11/17/2022

 This week is so fun!  And so full of STUFF!  The kind of stuff that's leaving me mentally stressed and emotionally excited!


My parents are currently in the Caribbean somewhere.  Bob is in the frozen tundra (Fargo, ND) for work.  And my big boys are still at school.  This time next week - they will ALL be in my house.  I mean, if that's not enough to make a mama heart happy, I'm not sure what would do it.

In the meantime, I've got lists (to-dos and check varieties) and a spreadsheet of what needs to be done when.  (Turkey comes out today because it's an enormous beast.)  I haven't hosted Thanksgiving since before Spencer was born.  Feeling a little rusty - and also up for the challenge!  (So long as there's wine involved!)

In the middle of all the Thanksgiving prep - I'm also trying to get things ready for Spencer's first trip home since August and Quinn's return tomorrow as well.  I want to surround them with reasons to want to come home again - college parents out there, I know you get this...  I'm making Chicken n Dumplins for Quinn tomorrow.  I've got Chili fixins for Saturday.  Oh and the wrestling club's annual Thanksgiving Duals is on Tuesday.  I may be running all stuff that happens off the mats.  (Concessions, Hospitality, Volunteers, Signage, Decorations, etc.)  I love this tourney - it's my favorite of the year.  It's at our own high school.  It's very early in the season - so no stress or pressure.  It's MY official launch of the holiday season.  And I get to spend the whole day with my friends.  It's a really fun day.  (But it's also a lot of work!)  

It'll all get done.  Or it won't.  No one is going to die.  And all will be well.  

I'm grateful to get to live this crazy, chaotic life.  Wouldn't trade it for the world.  (Although I would prefer Bob be here instead of freezing in North Dakota.  And he needs a hat, right?!?!?)



No comments:

Post a Comment