Friday, May 20, 2022

Picture of the Week - 5/20/2022

 Well, this week nearly did me in.  It wasn't so much that it was all bad (although there were so low, lows) but that it was a ridiculous combo of really good, really busy, really unexpected, and really sad.  I'm really glad that I've got Bob alongside me to get through this crazy rollercoaster life.  He's been there...  forever...  and I don't talk about how blessed I am to have that man as my partner nearly enough.  


Tuesday is our 25th wedding anniversary.  I say that with all the pride and awe and love that I can muster.  It's a big deal.  I don't take it for granted.  I am forever grateful that God brought us together.  I can't imagine a world without "Bob and Kara".  

Where to start...  
I'll knock out the worst first.  We unexpectedly had to put Ozzie to sleep this week.  I still can't believe it.  I still can't think about it without choking up.  He was literally fine a month ago.  The story is so familiar to so many - rapid decline, abdomen full of masses, inoperable, incompatible with life.  And yet, it's so unimaginable that it's hard not to look down and expect him by my feet.  I miss that crazy, neurotic, high-strung dog.  I know that the pain we feel when a pet passes is the payment for all the love and joy they bring while they are here, but I still hate it.  I know I have all the memories of him happy and healthy, but I still think it's unfair he had to go so young.  Ozzie's passing overwhelmed my week - and I hate that it did because there's a lot of other stuff going on and much of it is really good.

Zane's last day of football tryouts is today - and culminates with the spring game.  Zane is feeling confident and strong - or he was until yesterday.  He got to his locker, found his lock was missing along with ONE of his cleats.  I hate middle school.  I hate middle school pranks.  I hate middle school immaturity.  We are all certain someone thought they were being funny and have hidden the (brand new) cleat somewhere.  Maybe it will show up...  but it forced emergency shopping last night to find a replacement pair.  Oh and some hotshot "forgot" they weren't wearing pads during their walk-through last night and rammed his helmet into Zane's shoulder.  It's not broken, but it's going to be an ugly bruise and hurts enough to bring him to tears.  He also managed a bloody nose at practice last night and came home with a blood soaked shirt.  That's kinda how this whole week has gone - overall theme is GOOD and HAPPY but the details and nuisances are painful and ugly.

Spencer has been home and is working - except the whole office he works in got sick this week, so his schedule has been all over the place, which is difficult for week 2 on a new job.  I'm hoping next week will bring some stability for him.

Quinn graduates on Sunday.  His grad party is tomorrow.  We have events planned - and he has even more parties to attend - and fun stuff planned.  I really can't believe he's done with high school.  And I can't imagine this house without him in it.  Sigh...

And Beck is just chugging along.  No graduations.  No tryouts.  No work.  Nothing particularly new happening...  so he decided to contract a case of lice to keep things interesting.  (Never fear, I've, sadly, been through this before and we are on top of it and it's behind us, but I wanna tell you, in the midst of having discussions about the imminent demise of a pet, nit-picking is not what you want to be doing...)

This weekend will be fun.  Next week can NOT be as "eventful".  And at the end of next week, we have our annual beach trip to look forward to!  We can do it.  We HAVE done it.  We will always continue to do it.  

PS - Quinn also bought a new car (can't remember if I mentioned this already) and stay tuned to learn about our new dog, Gable.  He's NOT a replacement dog, but we are all excited about having a new puppy in the house and the timing is certainly a Godwink.  More on Gable soon - we don't have him yet, so we are all being patient!!

Enjoy some pictures of Quinn and Jess in their cap and gowns.  Those two are so cute and so good for each other.  I love them and am so excited to get to celebrate their graduations this weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment