Thursday, January 27, 2022

Picture of the Week - 1/27/2022

 Well...  it's safe to say that I've been an emotional mess all week.  Having a senior is really hard on us moms.  Check in with the moms of seniors in your circle. We aren't always OK...


Quinn's wrestling career is over.  I'm not sad about *that* (see FB post from this week for my thoughts on that topic) but it is the beginning of the ends for him and I can't get that out of my head.  I will really miss him when he leaves.  And that's all I can write about that at the moment because I don't feel like more tears this week.

In other news...

Spencer is in quarantine jail this week.  His roommate tested positive (with no symptoms) so Spencer had to move out of the barracks and into short term housing for the week.  He is by himself 95% of the time and bored out of his mind.  He can't attend classes.  He can't go to workouts.  He's going to miss a wrestling tournament he was supposed to go to on Saturday.  Covid can suck it...  I'm over it.  (Spencer is not sick, shows no symptoms, is 100% fine.)

Zane and Beck had well-child visits today.  It was mostly uneventful - although we did have a nice conversation about the ring worm on Zane's face.  #wrestlerproblems  It's treated (with an Rx from Quinn) and I talked the doctor into a refill for future use.  #winning  

For reference...  Zane is 12 and is 62.2 inches (officially taller than me) and 120 lbs.  Beck is 10 and 58.2 inches and 107 lbs.  Of note (and all the bragging associated) Beck's stats are bigger in both height and weight than Spencer was at 10 years old.  It's going to be so fun to watch these guys turn into men.  And I admit, it lessens the Quinn-is-a-senior pain a wee bit.  A teeny bit...

This weekend, since we have no wrestling, Bob and I are going to do something we've wanted to do for a long time.  We are heading to an RV show!  LOL laugh if you must, we are excited!  We know very little about RVs, so this is a learning excursion - with pizza.  

Then Bob is TRAVELING.  Oy...  that just doesn't happen.  He's heading to Arizona for work for the week.  I get the boys and dogs all to myself next week - and we get to celebrate Quinn's upcoming birthday on Wednesday - and then again when Bob gets home.  It will be a fun week of celebrating Quinn! 

And I'm going to try to do a better job next week of ignoring that Quinn's time here is coming to an end than I did this week!  Because my emotions can't take another week like this one...

Much love - and stay warm.  It's gonna be freezing this weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment