Thursday, September 9, 2021

Picture of the Week - 9/9/2021

 I may have mentioned recently (or maybe not - I honestly can't remember anything these days...) that Zane and Beck are both going through growth spurts right now.  The logical part of me has recognized and acknowledge this.  And yet, I've not gone through their clothes to pull out the *many* too small things and it still surprises me to get a hug from Zane where we are eye-to-eye.  Like seriously, who told them they could grow up?


Here's a picture of my nearly 10-year-old, looking more like 15...

Time - it marches on...

All is well here.  We had a really really great long weekend with a perfect mix of adventure, relaxation, and weed-pulling.  Back to school and work and football this week.  

Quinn had his senior pictures taken for the yearbook last week!  Again with that passage of time thing...  I'm really excited for his senior milestones.  It will be fun to celebrate him and see where he decides to head with his next phase.  He's most-likely going to stay in Georgia, which makes me happy for many reasons!  Right now I think Georgia Southern is at the top of his list, but he is also going to check out Kennesaw State and Georgia College.  Stay tuned for more on this soon...  Bob is taking Quinn for an official visit to Georgia Southern after a quick visit to see Spencer next weekend.  

Spence is doing great and I've FOR SURE had more conversations with him in the last 3 weeks than I did in the last 9 months he was home.  :)  Every time I talk to him I am impressed by how he's adapting and grateful that he seems content and settled.  I've read SO MANY stories from frustrated parents on the Class of 2025 FB page who are struggling to figure out how to support and encourage their knobs.  Spencer has made it easy for us.  As long as I keep a somewhat steady stream of care-packages heading his way, he has no complaints!  (Aside, as a mom and big fan of an organized, busy schedule, it's pretty awesome to watch him navigating time management and having some REALLY long, busy days.)  I can't wait to see him in a few weeks for Parent's weekend!

Have a great week everyone!  We have some fabulous, low-humidity weather heading this way for the next week or so and I can't wait to enjoy it!





No comments:

Post a Comment