Thursday, July 1, 2021

Picture of the Week - 7/1/2021

 Poof - just like that June is gone!  I'm not sure how your June went, but our FLEW by and felt like it lasted about 5 minutes.


July seems like it's going to have a bit more of a relaxed schedule.  Still fun summer things planned, but not as many camps and not nearly as many trips.  One fun summer trip, however, launches this weekend!  We are off for our annual beach trip on Saturday.  It will be super weird that Spencer won't be with us.  I'm trying not to think about that too much.  

And before you get TOO upset about Spencer not getting to go with us next week, he has some pretty awesome plans for the weekend!  Along with his ExCEL classmates, he will get to do a tour of Fort Sumter, a bridge run over the Cooper River bridge, and a July 4th celebration at Patriot's Point.  I'm fairly confident he will be JUST fine!

In fact, if his remaining summer weeks in Charleston go like the first week, he may never want to come home.  All is well at The Citadel.  He's doing great!  (I still don't have an address for him.  He will get one on Aug 12th at the latest.  Thanks to those of you who have asked.  I'm sure he'll love mail, but for now there's no way to easily get it to him.)

The other boys have all had great weeks too!  Quinn had a great time with his Wrestling family in Orlando last week at Disney Duals.  He bounced between a couple of hotel rooms and I think probably didn't exactly hate not having parents around.  I'm not taking offense...  I know how this gradual separation thing works...  he's just prepping for his own turn to leave the nest next summer.  (gut punch)

Zane is at Woodlands this week and Beck is at Wet & Wild camp.  If you are paying attention (and not sure why you would pay THIS close attention) this is the same combo of camps we did a few weeks ago - but the kids are reversed.  LOL  I'm sure Zane is having fun - Woodlands has always been a highlight for all the boys.  It's funny really because I just registered Zane up for 6th grade retreat with his Transit church team and the leader spent a long time prepping parents who might be sending their kids away for the first overnight experience like that.  I'm glad our boys have had an opportunity to grow up with Woodlands.  In addition to a wholesome, summer week at camp - it's also given them great exposure and experience for a bunch of other stuff along the way.  I love that camp!

Here are some fun pictures of Q, Z, and B.  (Yes, that's Quinn pinning a kid!)  I don't have any pictures of Spencer.  Hoping maybe I can talk him into sharing some soon...  

Have a super happy (and safe) long holiday weekend!  Happy 4th of July - and God bless America!  (there may or may not be a POTW next week...  don't worry if you don't see one - just means I'm having too much fun to pull out a laptop!)





No comments:

Post a Comment