Thursday, January 28, 2021

Picture of the Week - 1/28/2021

 So many good things happening right now.  The very best is Quinn's 17th birthday - which will be here next Tuesday - 02/02/2021! 


17 years!  Wow wow wow!

I could sit and write (and probably cry) about Quinn's birth story or his health story or about all of the amazing things that child has taught me.  I've done that before and I am sure I will do it again because all of these memories are worth remembering - and worth sharing.

Today, though, I'm not looking back.  I'm looking forward - and what a bright future this sweet boy has.  

Quinn is kind and loving and his heart is ginormous.  He has friends everywhere he goes and is (normally) delightful to chat with.  He puts in great effort in school and wrestling and - well everything.  He generally just does the right thing.  Sound too good to be true?  That's my Quinn!  I am so proud to be his mom!

I love Quinn's spirit and I love his faith.  I really believe God sent Quinn to our lives to teach us while we are blessed to provide him a safe place to grow and thrive.  I am so grateful for everything about the Mighty Quinn and can't wait to see what this next year brings.  I know it will be an exciting ride and I know there will be more memories for me to stash away to ponder and share for years to come.

Happiest of birthdays sweet Quinn!  I love you more than you will ever know.

**********************

In unrelated news - Saturday the West Wrestling team is tackling the Georgia State Duals tournament.  They have a tough slate of foes ahead of them, but they have a chance at making history.  I'm nervous and excited and anxious and proud and and and...

Most of all I am so incredibly grateful that we have been able to get this season in so far and that these boys have had an opportunity to compete.  It wasn't a given this year and we do not take it for granted.  



No comments:

Post a Comment