Thursday, November 14, 2019

Picture of the Week - 11/14/2019

How'd it get to be the middle of November so fast???  Wow!

Bob and I had a great time on our mini-vacation to Asheville.  What a cute little town.  We stayed in a fun, trendy hotel and ate tapas and drank fancy cocktails.  It was like we were grown-ups or something!  We also got to visit the Biltmore house, which just happened to be hosting a Downton Abbey exhibit.  A few thoughts on this...  

Biltmore is beautiful and impressive.  It did pale a bit after visiting castles in Europe...  but was different enough to not feel like an imitation.  I can't wrap my head around living like that!  We lucked out because it was all decorated for Christmas already.  Gorgeous!  I'm so glad we got to see it decorated.  It really did put us in the holiday mood!

We started watching Downton Abbey a couple of months ago.  We didn't watch it back when it was "new", so we are only through about 2 seasons.  I'm really glad we watched it before visiting Biltmore because it was MUCH easier to imagine what the house was like after watching the show.  I do, however, wish we had finished the series before going through the Downton Abbey exhibition.  We learned some things about the storyline and some of the big plot twists were kinda ruined for us.  We'll still watch...  but I wish we didn't know what was coming.  I think this is a little like reading a book and then watching the movie.  It's still good, just different...  

If you ever decide to take a road trip to Asheville... we highly recommend the Foundry Hotel and you MUST eat at Curate.  Get the lamb and thank me later.  Stop at the Social House for cocktails and order the one with the basil in it.  Yum!

In sports news...  Spencer's football team has a playoff game tomorrow night.  It would be a colossal upset if they won, so his football season is likely over this week.  He's really anxious to wrestle, so it's kind of a win/win for us.  Quinn's mostly recovered from his concussion, but going to take this weekend off and should be good to go next week.  Zane and Beck are into practices 3-4 nights a week and seem to really be enjoying themselves.  Their first tournament is a week from Saturday.  

Here are a couple of pictures we took at the pumpkin patch.  I've not shared them before, but thought I'd send them along because they make me smile.  

Have a great week everyone - spend some time prepping the Thanksgiving menu and thinking about all the things you are thankful for this year.  There are SO many... for instance...  I just figured out where to buy my current favorite wine, which I feared I'd lost forever when Total Wine didn't have it.  3 cheers for the Fancy Kroger and Storyteller Chardonnay!




No comments:

Post a Comment