Thursday, May 2, 2019

Picture of the Week - 5/2/2019

It's nearly Friday where I am - continuing on the whirlwind world tour!

First thing's first - I'm homesick and I miss my people - A LOT!

But I have to admit that I've done some pretty fabulous things in the last week...

On Friday last week we wrapped up the Craneware 20th anniversary celebration with a private party in the London Science museum.  It was pretty special!  They closed down the "Wonder Lab" for us - picture a bunch of Scots in kilts and women in gowns sliding down the friction slides and playing with the thermal cameras.  Then we had dinner in the airplane/space part of the museum, which was super cool.  

Saturday I took a tour with a few friends to Bath, Avebury (which is like Stonehedge, but older and less popular) - both pictures included here - and Lacock Village, which had ACTUAL thatched roof cottages - super cute.  

Sunday we transitioned to Dubai.  It was a long day, but we had a blast celebrating at the London airport at a cute little champagne bar.  I'm traveling with my 2 MBA buddies, which has been really fun.  

Monday we went on a tour of the desert - complete with camel ride and a traditional meal served in an open-air camp.  Tuesday we got up super early to go ride the dunes and visit the Hatta Mountains.  We wore ourselves out and spent the rest of the day at the beach.

Wednesday we walked and walked and walked and walked all over the Dubai Mall - that place had everything from Harry WInston to KFC.  Crazy!!!  We also got to see the Burj Khalifa and Dubai fountains.  

Today we started class and then afterward we wondered around the Souks (think flea market...) in Old Dubai.  We have 2 more days of classes - and who knows what we will get into in the evenings - before heading back home in the wee hours of Sunday morning.  I think we will start our journey home around 3 PM Saturday (Atlanta time) and should arrive back in my sweet little house around 8 PM on Sunday.  I'm not looking forward to the jet lag or trying to get readjusted to the right timezone, but I definitely AM looking forward to hugging by boys and snuggling my dogs and getting back to my routine.  I have soooo many thoughts and feelings and things I've learned through this trip.  It's been amazing.  I am blessed.

(The pictures with the water in front of the buildings are of Old Dubai.  The dessert pictures are from Sharjah.  The Burj Khalifa is the tallest artificial structure in the world.  The national animal of the UAE is the falcon - and falconry is BIG over here.  The camel needs no explanation - and yes, I'm sore after riding him through the desert...  The picture with the stone guy in the foreground is from the ancient Roman baths in Bath - so super cool.  And the green pasture with the big stones and lonely tree is Avebury.)









No comments:

Post a Comment